Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles are the perfect summer treat. Homemade popsicles are the best!
Fresh strawberries, cream cheese, yogurt, and graham cracker crumbs, combine to make this delicious, creamy, frozen version of a classic dessert. Frozen cheesecake on a stick.
I am loving the fresh berry season. So many wonderful strawberry recipes to make and eat, never leaving for a dull moment in the kitchen, and lots of happy people in my house eating up all the goodies.
Grilled strawberries are a favourite. Perfect for an appetizer, alongside a tequila cocktail. Great for brunch with pancakes. Add some ice cream and you have a delicious grilled fruit dessert. Strawberry ricotta bruschetta is another great option.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for these frozen strawberry cheesecake pops can be found at the bottom of this post.
Of course, you cannot go through summer without eating strawberry pie. I prefer no rhubarb in mine.
With warmer weather, we all need a little “cooling” off. Why not combine strawberries and cheesecake to make popsicles. Sounds like a great plan to me.
Making Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles Is Easy
We love cheesecake here. No better time to make a frozen version of it to enjoy in this great summer weather. This summer popsicle recipe combines all the ingredients in the classic dessert and creates a creamy frozen treat!!
Homemade popsicles are super easy. I love that you can create just about any flavour combination you can think of. Let me tell you once my hubby taste-tested these he said “we are never buying frozen treats again”.
Basically, I just mixed all the ingredients, poured the mixture into the molds, and let them freeze. Everything you need to know is in the recipe card below.
- Beat the cream cheese (I used a hand blender).
- Add all the other ingredients (except the graham crumbs).
- Blend until smooth (I used an immersion blender).
- Add the graham crumbs (you can’t have cheesecake without a graham crust).
- Pour the mixture into the molds.
Perfect for summer, no heat in the kitchen, and a yummy treat for the nice warm weather. These popsicles come out so creamy, and you can actually see and taste the graham crumbs. It really is like eating frozen strawberry cheesecake.
In this recipe, I added some (affiliate)strawberry oil just to increase the flavour. This is optional. Feel free to omit it if you like.
If you don’t have popsicle molds, do yourself (and your family) a favour and grab some. Once you start making these little gems at home, the bought stuff just doesn’t compare.
Here are a few suggestions (these contain affiliate links):
Popsicle Tips And Tricks
- Check the manufacturer’s guide to learn the proper way to use the molds.
- Do not allow the popsicles to sit out at room temperature before removing them from the mold. This causes the popsicle to thaw unevenly and they are likely to break when you serve them. I run mine under hot water but check your user guide. Some molds may be different.
- Chop or slice your fruit to freeze inside your popsicles.
- If you add alcohol to popsicles, the higher the alcohol content the harder it will be to freeze your popsicles.
- Condensed milk and heavy cream are great to create creamy popsicles (just like in homemade ice cream).
- Want creamy without the extra calories? Use Greek yogurt.
- Looking for a dairy-free option? Coconut milk works great.
- Need them to be sugar-free? Coconut milk, Greek yogurt, and fruit purees work great.
- No popsicle molds? (although I highly recommend them). Try using yogurt containers or muffin tins. You will also need some popsicle sticks.
Looking For More Recipes For Popsicles?
Healthy Banana Popsicles contain avocados, peanut butter, cocoa, and ripe bananas. Just like a fudgesicle, but healthier.
Kefir Popsicles contain chocolate chips, and kefir instead of yogurt. 2 ingredients are all you need for a healthy summer treat.
Blackberry Lemon Tea Pops are perfect for a hot summer day. Made with lemonade tea, candied lemon rind, and whole blackberries. Refreshing, delicious, and pretty too.
For some adult frozen treat fun, Baileys Zebra combine Irish cream, espresso powder and chocolate. Perfect for the patio.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (washed (hulled and cut in ½)
- ½ cup honey graham crumbs
- ⅛ teaspoons Lorann strawberry oil
- Red food colouring optional
- In a bowl add the cream cheese and beat with a hand blender.
- Blend in the Greek yogurt.
- Blend in the condensed milk.
- Add the strawberry oil and food colouring (if using).
- Combine the strawberries, and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the graham crumbs and stir to combine.
- Pour into molds.
- Place filled molds in freezer. Freeze for several hours.