Are you an ice cream fanatic? Do you love the taste of lemon? Easy Easter Lemon No Churn Ice Cream is for you. A fun and easy way to make ice cream that has a subtle lemon flavour, combined with pastel coloured marshmallows and Easter sprinkles.
When I was a child, we often had a dessert I like to call Spring Delight at Easter. I took the flavours of this family favourite and created this Easy Easter Lemon No Churn Ice Cream.
I don’t know why, but I always equate Easter and lemon. Maybe it is the colour? Maybe it is the taste? Vibrant Lemon Polenta Cake is a dessert I like to make. Easy, delicious, makes a great presentation, and did you know it is gluten free? Great for when I have company when gluten free is a requirement.
Lemon curd is something I can eat by the spoonful. When I make this it rarely gets put into tarts or pies. I love to mix it into vanilla yogurt for a tangy delicious treat. I could eat this for dessert.
I have never been much of an ice cream lover UNTIL NOW. This lemon no churn ice cream recipe has converted me. I didn’t know how easy it was to make ice cream without a machine until I made this no churn recipe.
Lemon No Churn Ice Cream Basics
Have you made no churn ice cream before? CRAZY EASY. There are only 2 main ingredients:
- condensed milk
- whipping cream
for the basic no churn ice cream recipe. Easily create lots of great flavours with simple additions of your favourite things like chocolate, peanut butter, candies and even liquors.
Combining the flavours from my favourite childhood dessert was a fun experiment. I was thrilled with the results of this no churn ice cream. Taking the basic no churn ingredients and adding:
- lemon pudding
- coloured marshmallows
- lemon extract
- yellow food colouring
- Easter sprinkles
All you really need is an electric stand mixer (even a hand mixer will work). This is what you do:
- beat the whipping cream until it forms peaks
- fold in the condensed milk (combined with the pudding)
- add lemon extract and food colouring
- fold in marshmallows
- scrape into loaf pan
- top with sprinkles
- cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm
This no churn ice cream turned out creamy smooth and easy to scoop. Pale yellow, softly flavoured with lemon and dotted with pastel marshmallows. Easter sprinkles add to the fun of this spring treat. I know my grandkids are going to LOVE this ice cream!
Homemade ice cream does not get easier than this. Treat your family this Easter with Easy Lemon No Churn Ice Cream for dessert.
What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Have you signed up for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER? Be sure to grab your FREE printable when you do.
Easy Easter Lemon No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 11 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 2 cups mini coloured marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 3 drops yellow food colouring (optional)
- 1 3/4 ounces instant lemon pudding (1/2 package)
- 1/8 cup Easter sprinkles (optional)
- In the large bowl of a stand mixed add pour in the shipping cream.**alternately you can use an electric hand mixer**
- Whip until it forms soft peaks.
- Pour the condensed milk into a measuring cup and add the lemon pudding. Mix well.
- Gently fold the milk/pudding mixture into the whipped cream.
- Add the lemon flavouring and food colouring. Mix gently to combine.
- Add the marshmallows and mix just to combine.
- Pour mixture into a non stick loaf pan.
- Top with Easter sprinkles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Remove from freezer and scoop into bowls or cones.