Chocolate Milk Latte is a coffee lover’s dream. Chocolate and coffee are a classic combo.
This latte made with chocolate milk is easy to make at home. It’s like having your own personal coffee shop!!
Why spend the high prices for gourmet coffee drinks? This recipe makes it so easy to enjoy a latte whenever you like. The secret ingredient is hot chocolate milk.
I do love going out for a coffee now and again. Perfect for when I have time on a shopping day. There is nothing better than spending a few nice moments talking with my husband over a great latte.
They do get costly, so I have figured out a way to make them easily so we can enjoy them whenever we like at home. Who would have thought of using chocolate milk in coffee?
If you love holiday lattes, my Rum & Eggnog Latte is a wonderful way to spread some holiday cheer.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this chocolate milk coffee recipe are at the bottom of this post.
For This Recipe You Will Need:
- chocolate milk
- *(affiliate) sprinkles (for garnish which is totally optional)
Coffee with chocolate is a match made in heaven. Have you tried Mocha Coffee Yogurt? What a great way to start the day.
I love baking with coffee too. Espresso powder is amazing in my Chewy Cookies, the perfect companion to this mocha latte.
How To Make A Chocolate Milk Latte
This recipe requires NO fancy equipment. Check the recipe tips for suggestions.
- heat the chocolate milk to just under boiling
- make espresso
- pour the espresso into a cup
- froth the hot chocolate milk
- pour hot milk into the cup with the coffee
- top with the milk foam
- garnish with sprinkles
- Do you need an espresso machine? No, but if you have one that is fantastic. For this recipe, I used a good quality *(affiliate) espresso powder. If you don’t have espresso use really strong coffee as an alternative.
- Best milk frother. We have found this *(affiliate) hand-held frother works amazing!! So easy to use. Froths the milk beautifully. Affordable too.
- This recipe uses a pot to heat the milk. Be sure not to bring it to a boil. That will scorch the milk.
- You can adjust the coffee to milk ratio if you like.
- You can make more than one latte at a time. Just adjust the ingredient amounts to compensate for the quantity you need.
- To add the hot milk to the drink, use a spoon to hold back the foam while pouring.
Questions People Ask
Can you steam milk at home? Yes, you can. Some people have milk steamers attached to their espresso machines. For this mocha latte I just simply heated the chocolate milk in a pot on the stovetop.
Does chocolate milk froth? It sure does. It creates a nice thick layer perfect for sprinkles or eating with a spoon.
I find most milk will froth, however, I do find full-fat diary produces a thicker foam.
Non-diary milk does produce a froth, but not very thick.
Can you use chocolate milk as a creamer? Absolutely, and what a great idea!
Is there a special kind of milk for lattes? You can use all kinds of milk to make lattes. For this recipe, I used full-fat chocolate milk. You can try coconut milk, soy milk or almond milk if you like.
Can you make tea lattes? Yes, and they are super delicious. Swap out coffee for your favourite tea. We love this Festive Holiday Tea.
Once you make lattes at home, you will see how easy it is. No need for any fancy equipment to get a great-tasting mocha coffee any time of day.
What is YOUR favourite kind of latte?
Have you joined my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER? Grab your FREE printable when you do.
Looking For More Coffee Drinks?
- In the summer we love this French Press Cold Brew recipe. Save your money and make this at home. It is easier than you think.
- Have you ever tried a Boozy Bourbon Iced Coffee? A great way to end a meal with a cold coffee. It’s like dessert in a glass.
Chocolate Milk Latte
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate milk
- 2-3 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Sprinkles (for garnish)
- In a small pot measure in the milk and on medium temperature heat (to just under boiling).
- Boil water.
- Add espresso powder to cup along with the hot water and stir.
- Once milk has come to temperature, remove from heat and froth.
- Pour hot milk into coffee cup and stir.
- Add the froth on top.
- Add sprinkles.
- Sweeten if needed with sugar or honey.