When fresh summer strawberries are in season, you have to take advantage of the haul. Sweet Strawberry Bruschetta is a great way to highlight these luscious berries.
This easy bruschetta recipe includes baguette slices slathered with ricotta cheese, topped a bruschetta mixture made with sweet fresh strawberries. Garnished with a balsamic glaze and shreds of fresh basil leaves. Served cold for easy summer entertaining.
Homemade bruschetta is so easy to make. Until I made fresh bruschetta for the first time, I was unaware of how quick and simple it is. No need to purchase pre-made when making fresh at home takes no time at all.
Turning simple ingredients into delicious dishes is one of my favourite things to do. Eating seasonal produce at its peak is so enjoyable. If only we could access to farm fresh produce all year long. Have you tried grilled fruit desserts? Grilled Balsamic Strawberries are perfect for easy summer entertaining.
These Easy Crostini Appetizers are party perfect. With the explosive oil and vinegar pairings, crostini toppings are simple and delicious.
In my opinion, you can never go wrong with CHEESE and BREAD any time of day. Two things I can make a meal out of any day of the week. Speaking of turning ordinary into extraordinary, have you ever tried cold smoked cheese?
STRAWBERRY BRUSCHETTA INGREDIENTS
This easy strawberry bruschetta recipe requires only a few ingredients:
- fresh strawberries
- a nice fresh baguette
- ricotta cheese
- *balsamic reduction
- fresh basil
- *agave nectar
- *basil flavoured olive oil
Have you been out to the markets getting your fill of strawberries while they are in season? Maybe you have been to the “pick your own” farms? We wait so long for this delicious season, I hate to see it come to an end. Nothing beats the taste of a ripe berry right from the field.
When anything is in season, Itry to come up with lots of options and delicious ways to enjoy the harvest. We have enjoyed strawberry cocktails, strawberry popsicles, pies, and scones. Why not try something a little different? I am a total bread and cheese lover, so a sweet bruschetta recipe sounded like a tasty plan to me.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BRUSCHETTA
Basic tomato bruschetta is simple and delicious. This strawberry bruschetta recipe is just as easy to make. Giada’s bruschetta recipe uses only bread and strawberries. Bruschetta with cheese is a must for me.
Place sweet strawberries in a blender and blitz until just roughly chopped. You can even chop the berries by hand if you like.
Next, I placed the chopped berries into a bowl and mixed in some strawberry balsamic glaze (which is just strawberry flavoured balsamic reduced down to thicken).
At this point, you can add some sweetener if you like. I mixed in a teaspoon of agave nectar. Feel free to leave this out if you are happy with the sweetness of the berries. Set aside until ready to use. Simple right?
Cut the bread, slather on the cheese, top with the strawberry mixture. Garnish with a bit more balsamic reduction and fresh shreds basil.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
- Is bruschetta made with strawberries served hot or cold? I served this COLD. Makes for easy entertaining. I didn’t even toast the bread. Less stress and more time with family and friends is my goal.
- How to keep the bread from going soggy? Prepare this at THE LAST MINUTE. Have everything ready to go. This is super easy to put together at the last minute. If you are really pressed for time, have your bread cut into slices (kept in a ziplock bag).
- What is the best bread for bruschetta? I used a baguette. Any bread that is DENSE to hold the bruschetta toppings will work. Sourdough would be a great alternative.
- When to serve sweet bruschetta? ANYTIME! Strawberry appetizers are perfect for brunch, lunch, or even before dinner. In fact, I have also used this recipe for bruschetta as DESSERT TOO!
- Use a balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction for garnish. If you don’t have any on hand, you can make your own by reducing down some balsamic vinegar.
- Do you flavour the cheese? You don’t have too, but for this bruschetta recipe, I used some basil flavoured olive oil in the cheese mixture.
TYPES OF CHEESE FOR BRUSCHETTA
Here you can so much fun experimenting. I happen to LOVE cheese (there is NO wrong cheese in my opinion). A few delicious suggestions would be:
- ricotta (which I used in this bruschetta recipe)
- goat cheese
- cream cheese
- mascarpone cheese
If you are like me, this Sweet Strawberry Bruschetta is perfect any time of day (or night). Bread, cheese, and berries can fit into any meal. Enjoy strawberry season while it lasts.
What is your favourite recipe for using fresh strawberries? Need some ideas? 18 Fresh Strawberry Recipes has you covered.
Don’t forget to sign up for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and grab your FREE printable. If you would prefer to get PUSH NOTIFICATIONS instead, CLICK the PURPLE BELL on the bottom right of this page.
Sweet Strawberry Bruschetta With Ricotta & Balsamic Glaze
- 1 baguette (sliced into thick pieces)
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (I used strawberry flavoured balsamic glaze)
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I used basil flavoured)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (for garnish)
For the Strawberry Bruschetta:
- Wash the strawberries and place in a blender. Blitz until roughly chopped. Alternatively, you can cut the berries by hand into small pieces.Place in a bowl.
- Add the balsamic reduction (or balsamic glaze) and mix. Taste to see if you would like to add any sweetener. I used some agave, but you could use honey or sugar if you wish. Mix well and set aside till ready to use.
For the Ricotta:
- Place the ricotta in a bowl. You can use just plain ricotta if you like (or any other soft cheese). I like to flavour my cheese, so I added some basil flavoured olive oil. You can use plain olive oil, skip this step completely or add some fresh or dried herbs to flavour the cheese. Mix well.
- Cut the baguette into thick slices (about 16 in total, depending on the size of the baguette).
- Slather some cheese on each slice.
- Top the cheese with some the strawberry bruschetta mixture.
- Garnish with additional balsamic, and threads of fresh basil.