Flaky tender Strawberry Scones, drizzled with White Chocolate. Perfect for your coffee break, or a great item for your brunch menu.
Strawberry season is the best. So many delicious recipes to make. Have you tried strawberry cheesecake popsicles?
I LOVE scones. I could eat them for any meal. Savory or sweet, tender and flaky, seriously I have not come across a scone I didn’t like. These Strawberry Scones with White Chocolate Drizzle are great for tea time, coffee time, dessert….I even had one for breakfast!!
Scones are great for any time of day. Mixed Berry Scones are perfect for the weekend brunch.
These are easy to whip up, no food processor required. They are moist and full of flavour. To make it even easier I used frozen berries, that way you can make them ALL year round!!
The real key is using COLD butter. The addition of flavoured oil (instead of vanilla) really adds that extra strawberry taste. Greek yogurt keeps them moist.
Add the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the COLD butter and press with a fork. You can use your fingers and get the pieces of butter to about the size of a “pea”…then STOP!!
Combine the egg, yogurt and strawberry oil (I used Lorann Oil…get it at any baking supply store..or Bulk Barn).
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold only to combine. Dough will be rather wet.
Add the strawberries (mine were slightly defrosted and cut into pieces) and the lime zest.
On a lightly floured surface knead dough into an 8 inch round. Cut into 8 wedges.
Transfer to baking sheet and bake at 375º F for 18 minutes.
Cool on a rack. Melt some white chocolate in the microwave (I used Lindt)….drizzle….and ENJOY!!
Or…if bananas are your thing…this recipe for Best Banana Cake Ever is AWESOME!!
Strawberry Scones....with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted COLD butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoons Lorann strawberry oil
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries (slightly thawed and cut into pieces)
- Lime zest
- White chocolate (melted) (for drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add butter (using forks to mash) then use your fingers till the pieces of butter are about the size of a "pea" and STOP!
- Combine egg, yogurt and strawberry oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fold ONLY until mixed...dough will be wet.
- Add berries and lime zest.
- Flour surface, and knead dough into an 8" round.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Melt chocolate in microwave....and drizzle over cooled scones.