I absolutely LOVE pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! These Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts just happen to be my grandson’s favourite after-school snack.
Pumpkin cake donuts topped with a touch of cinnamon sugar. Since we can’t eat pumpkin pie all the time, this easy oven-baked donut recipe is a great alternative.
Do you love donuts for breakfast? The perfect autumn breakfast treat is baked pumpkin donuts in our house.
Do you have busy mornings in your house? Pumpkin overnight oats to the rescue. Make a huge batch on the weekend for an easy breakfast all week long.
It may sound weird, but I have pumpkin puree in the house ALL year long. Pumpkin soup, chili, and risotto happen year-round in our house. I have it in cans, but by all means, put those Halloween pumpkins to good use and make homemade puree.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for these quick and delicious pumpkin spice donuts can be found at the bottom of this post.
I am NOT a fried donut fan, and I really never have been. When I was young, my mom made the most delicious homemade cake donuts. I can still remember them so well.
Just a plain batter was used, but it was the cinnamon sugar coating that was the star of the show. Simple flavours really hit the spot after a day at school. She also made the best cinnamon coffee cake ever!
Ingredients For No Yeast Baked Pumpkin Donuts
This pumpkin donut recipe is just as simple as my mom’s cake donuts but with a couple more ingredients.
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin spice
- avocado oil
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cinnamon sugar (for topping)
Baked donut recipes are much healthier too. Over the years I have come up with a few. Chocolate Chili Mocha Donuts (which happen to be gluten-free) are perfect with your afternoon coffee.
If you really want to give the kids a treat in the morning, Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Donuts are not only delicious but contain lots of nutritious ingredients too.
How To Bake Pumpkin Spice Donuts
OMG, this is the easiest donut recipe you will ever make. Just in time for fall baking.
- Preheat the oven.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Place the batter into a piping bag (for easy donut pan filling).
- Pipe batter into pans.
- Remove from oven and top with cinnamon sugar.
If you don’t eat a fresh hot donut right out of the oven, well you have more willpower than I do LOL. There is nothing better than warm baked pumpkin donuts with cinnamon sugar.
Tips For Homemade Baked Donuts
- (affiliate) Donut pans are so much fun. I have 2, which allows me to make 12 donuts at a time. My grandkids loved these easy homemade baked pumpkin spice donuts so much, they did not last long. Guess it’s time to make more. I might need to pick up a couple more pans at this rate.
- (affiliate) If you don’t have a piping bag and a large round tip, you can fill your donut pans using a spoon. I have done it both ways and totally recommend the piping bag option. Also, I prefer disposable piping bags too. Less clean up.
- To make the cinnamon sugar, just mix up some cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Do you remember doing this as a kid? I sure do. It is the perfect topping for toast, on top of the butter!
- It is best to sprinkle this on while the donuts are still warm so it adheres.
- (affiliate) Alternatively, you can use a cinnamon sugar blend (like in the photo). I love when I get food gifts from friends.
What Is Pumpkin Spice?
Pumpkin seasoning is simply a blend of warm spices consisting of:
You can use store-bought (affiliate) pumpkin spice, or make your own. This way you can tweak it to your liking. A little more cinnamon, a little less ground cloves or however your tastes buds like it.
A great pumpkin spice alternative is (affiliate) apple pie seasoning or just using a pinch of cinnamon and cloves.
Can you see how easy this fall pumpkin donut recipe is to make? Perfect for snacks and also as a brunch item on the weekend. I NEVER get tired of the pumpkin spice flavour.
In fact, I have even put together a great collection of easy pumpkin recipes. Check out this 30+ Pumpkin Dishes Recipe Roundup post. You will want to enjoy pumpkin all year too.
Fall has some of the most delicious flavours of the year. From apple season to gingerbread heaven, there are so many delicious foods to make and eat.
Have you tried my Festive Crunchy Granola recipe? What a great food gift!! Perfect for the holidays.
Sausage and Apple Stuffed Squash is a great fall recipe. Stunning presentation not to mention totally delicious.
Chorizo Chili is comfort food in a bowl. Combined with tomatoes and squash, it is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day.
Homemade pumpkin donuts are at the top of my fall foods list. Hope you give this easy baked donut recipe a try soon. Warm and cozy, fall-inspired flavours are so delicious.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU.
You may also enjoy these fall inspired baking recipes:
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk (or your choice)
- 1 ¼ cups cane sugar (or granulated)
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ⅓ cups organic all-purpose flour (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar blend (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and prepare donut pans with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice into a small bowl, and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Add the milk to this mixture and combine well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the pumpkin puree, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Be sure not to over mix.
- Place the batter into a large piping bag with a large round nozzle attached to the end. Alternatively, you can use a spoon to fill the donut pan cavities with.
- Fill the cavities about ¾ full.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Test with a cake tester or toothpick to check for doneness.
- Remove from oven, and top with cinnamon sugar (while donuts are warm).
- Remove from donuts from pans onto a wire rack to cool.