Cottage Cheese Biscuits made with everything bagel seasoning are so delicious. Easy homemade biscuits that are perfect for soup, chili, salad, and more.
Biscuit making is super easy. Drop biscuits can be whipped up any day of the week in under 30 minutes. This cut biscuit recipe is just as easy.
Love homemade bread and dinner rolls, but you don’t have the time for dough to rise and proof? This recipe is for you. Skip the canned biscuits. These are so yummy and easy as 1-2-3. Mix the dough, cut, and bake!
Did you know baking with cottage cheese works well in both sweet and savoury recipes? Ukrainian Cheesecake is a super delicious dessert recipe.
If you are looking for a savoury recipe, these biscuits are just what you need. What a great idea for biscuits and gravy.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for these delicious biscuits from scratch can be found at the bottom of this post.
Breakfast Biscuits are a favourite for weekend brunches. We also love bread! In fact, I place bread in a food category of its own. How could you not? So many delicious varieties from simple and basic to artisan loaves. Baking bread is relaxing to me.
- Irish Soda Bread is always a hit for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Onion Bread makes a great side or appetizer.
- Black Olive Tomato Bread brings out the artisan in me. Perfect for dipping in oil and balsamic.
Homemade Biscuits With Cottage Cheese Need:
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Cottage Cheese
- Avocado Oil
I have included some suggestions and recipe tips below.
Baking Cottage Cheese Biscuits From Scratch
Honestly, it is easier than you think. This is a great biscuit recipe to start with if you are new to biscuit making. Full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- Wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Drop dough onto the counter, and knead a few times.
- Press out and cut into rounds.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Approximately 30 minutes from start to finish for the best homemade biscuits ever.
Say goodbye to store-bought biscuits. This basic recipe is just a start to lots of tasty options and variations.
Cottage Cheese – I used creamed cottage cheese (full fat) in this biscuit recipe. You can use 2% or low fat if you prefer.
Avocado Oil – Perfect for baking and cooking. You can use vegetable oil as an alternative.
Everything Bagel Seasoning – There are lots of great options for store-bought. You can also make your own if you prefer. Here is a great recipe. You can experiment with other seasonings such as Italian, Greek, or other herbs.
Milk – Any dairy or non-dairy variety will work in this recipe.
Cookie Cutter – The size of the cookie cutter will determine the number of biscuits you end up with. The cutter I used is 2 ½ inches in diameter.
Parchment Paper – Used to line the baking sheet makes for easy cleanup and prevents the biscuits from sticking.
Silicone Mat – Prevents the dough from sticking to the counter. Alternatively, you can lightly flour the surface.
Storing – They will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days. Cover or wrap tightly so they will not dry out. For longer storage place in the fridge or freezer.
Warming – I love eating these warm right out of the oven. To reheat, wrap in foil and place in an oven for several minutes.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
They are made with baking powder instead of yeast as the leavening agent.
There are 4 different varieties: rolled, drop, scones and shortcakes.
Here are more cottage cheese recipes to try:
- Apple Cottage Cheese Smoothie – makes a great lunch or post-workout drink.
- Breakfast Banana Split – what a fun way to start the day.
- Bacon and Egg Muffins – great for eating on the run.
- Cornbread – is always a hit with chili.
- Crescent Rolls – a must for brunch.
Be sure to check out the tasty baking on this site.
This recipe was adapted from Taste of Homemade.
Everything Cottage Cheese Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups creamed cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 teaspoons Everything Bagel Seasoning, 6 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl.1 ½ cups creamed cottage cheese, ⅓ cup milk, 2 large eggs, 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Make a well in the in the centre of the dry indredients and add the wet ingredients.
- Mix to combine. Be sure not to over mix. Dough should have some dry spots.
- Lightly flour a pastry mat (or counter). Place the dough on the floured surface and knead a few times.
- Press dough down to about ¾ of an inch. You can also use a rolling pin if you like.
- Using a 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles and place them on baking sheet. Gather remaining dough, press and cut unitl all the dough has been used up.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.