Zucchini Burger with Sriracha & Pancetta is a great addition to the burger rotation this BBQ season. After all, you can never have too many zucchini recipes during the summer.
This zucchini burger recipe combines grated fresh zucchini, diced bell pepper, Panko breadcrumbs and a nice hit of Sriracha sauce. Topped with some crispy grilled pancetta and garnished to your perfection.
Very soon we will be right in the heat of “zucchini season”. Do you grow your own zucchini in the garden? I am not a gardener, but I do visit the Farmers Market on a regular basis from June to October.
What To Do With Zucchini
If you are like me, you can never have too many zucchini recipes. Once zucchini starts to grow, we all know it grows like CRAZY. I still remember my husband bringing home this HUGE zucchini that a co-worker gave him. It was so BIG that I grated it up, placed it in freezer bags and froze it. I also baked him some zucchini muffins as a thank you.
Zucchini is such a versatile squash. You can use it in so many recipes, and I can find a way to incorporate into delicious meals from breakfast to dessert.
Zucchini gazpacho is a favourite here (this was our first time trying cold soup). We love turning zucchini into zoodles, and my Greek Zoodle Salad is perfect for all the BBQ parties we seem to have during the season.
How To Make Zucchini Burgers
With BBQ season in full swing, burgers are flying off the grill. You can NEVER have too many mouthwatering recipes in your arsenal. Grilled zucchini burgers are easy to make, and are a great vegetarian burger option too.
These healthy zucchini patties include:
- grated zucchini
- bell pepper
- salt & pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Sriracha sauce
I posted a picture of this zucchini burger on Instagram after I finished my photo shoot (just before we devoured these for dinner). I asked people to guess what it might be. I got answers like: crab cakes, veggie burger, and someone even said it looked like a frittata on a bun.
You can make these zucchini burgers well ahead of time. I like to keep them in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. This helps hold them together. I would not hesitate to make them the day before and just let them chill until ready to cook.
One thing we find that works well when you cook these burgers on the grill is using a BBQ cooking mat. The first time we cooked these, we just grilled them on the grate. Unfortunately, the BBQ got to eat these delicious burgers too. If you don’t have a BBQ mat, my next suggestion would be a cast iron grill pan.
Talking about veggie and vegetarian burgers, zucchini in burgers is a fantastic ingredient. Now, this particular zucchini burger recipe is ALMOST vegetarian. Since bacon makes everything better (and we LOVE it), we topped it with pancetta. Feel free to leave it off. As for the Sriracha, adjust to your liking. If you want to turn up the heat, add more.
Zucchini season is here. Add this great Zucchini Burger with Sriracha & Pancetta to your burger selection this summer. Happy Grilling!!
Do you have a favourite zucchini recipe?
Don’t forget to sign up for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and grab your FREE printable. If you would prefer to get PUSH NOTIFICATIONS instead, CLICK the PURPLE BELL on the bottom right of this page.
Zucchini Burger with Sriracha & Pancetta
- 10 ounces grated zucchini (skin on)
- 3 ounces bell pepper (diced, any colour)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 ounces pancetta (optional)
To make the Zucchini Burgers:
- Grate the zucchini and place in a metal sieve. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and let drain for 25 minutes.Rinse with water to remove salt, and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place drain zucchini in a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 2 balls, giving a squeeze to remove any remaining liquid.
- Form into 2 patties approximately 3/4 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
- Place on wax paper. You can place these in the fridge until ready to use (even overnight).
To cook the Zucchini Burgers:
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Use a grill mat for best results.
- Grill burgers approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
- Will burgers are cooking, you can grill your pancetta at the other end of the mat.
- Remove cooker burgers and place on buns. Top with pancetta. Garnish with your desired ingredients.