It is zucchini season and this Zucchini Caesar Salad is the perfect place to use it. All the ingredients of a regular caesar salad with the addition of zucchini.
Do you love zucchini recipes? We sure do, not just in the summer but all year long. Here are a few ways we like to eat it:
- Zucchini Gazpacho – the perfect cold summer soup.
- Pickled Zucchini – great on burgers, hot dogs, sausages, and sandwiches.
- Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp – an easy meal made in one skillet.
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Muffins – you can’t even tell they have zucchini in them.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this raw zucchini salad can be found at the bottom of this post.
Ingredients For Zucchini Caesar Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Caesar dressing
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
All the ingredients of a classic caesar salad.
Making This Caesar Zucchini Salad Is So Easy
Full instructions are in the recipe card.
- Wash and chop the lettuce.
- Wash and slice the zucchini.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss.
- Mix in the cheese.
- Add the croutons.
- Toss well.
- Salad is ready to serve, you can garnish with black pepper and additional cheese.
Lettuce – I used romaine, however you can switch this out for other types of lettuce, spinach, kale, or arugula.
Salad Dressing – Store-bought or homemade. I used store-bought in this recipe.
Garnish – Additional cheese, black pepper, and of course, you can always add bacon bits too.
Zucchini – Green and yellow (or both) work well. The smaller size works best. I used a mandoline for even slices. A sharp knife also works.
Protein – Turning this into a dinner salad is super easy. Add some cooked chicken, turkey, steak, or pork. Salmon, shrimp, and scallops are great choices too.
Storage – This is best eaten right after tossing. After a few hours, it will start to turn soggy. Still delicious, but not the crispy texture. Always store leftovers in the fridge.
FAQ (Questions and Answers)
Store unwashed in a plastic bag for up to 2 weeks. Leave the bag open for circulation.
They are the same and in the family of summer squash.
Yes, you can. Wash, chop, slice, shred or make into noodles. Store in a sealed bag in the fridge until ready to use. This will last for up to 1 week.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Need a few more recipe suggestions for zucchini season? Here you go:
Zucchini Caesar Salad
- 9 ounces raw zucchini sliced
- 4 ounces romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 ounces caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces croutons
- black pepper garnish
- Wash and thinly slice zucchini.9 ounces raw zucchini
- Wash and roughly chop romaine lettuce.4 ounces romaine lettuce
- Place the zucchini and lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss.2 ounces caesar salad dressing
- Add the grated cheese and mix.2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Toss in the croutons and mix to combine.2 ounces croutons
- Divide into serving bowls.
- Garnish with black pepper (and more cheese if you like).black pepper