For busy weeknights, Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp is a fast and delicious skillet dinner. We spiced it up with Peri Peri sauce for some added heat.
Raw zucchini is so easy to work with. Have you tried Zucchini Caesar Salad? The classic Caesar salad ingredients with the addition of zucchini slices.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this easy zucchini and shrimp dinner can be found at the bottom of this post.
We all need fast and easy meals we can get on the table, especially on busy weeknights. Takeout is so expensive, and most of the time we are totally disappointed with the quality and taste of the food.
Did you know zucchini is also called courgette? I remember Jamie Oliver referring to it that way and I had no clue what he was talking about. Looked like zucchini to me.
Ingredients Needed For This Easy Zoodle Recipe
- Red pepper
- Peri Peri Sauce
- Avocado oil
Preparing Zucchini Noodles With Shrimp
Full instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
- The key is prepping the veggies so they are ready to go.
- Clean the shrimp and set them aside.
- Heat a wok, and add the oil.
- Cook the leeks and peppers.
- Add the sauce.
- Add the shrimp.
- Toss in the zoodles.
- Add the spinach.
- Leeks – can be replaced with any type of onion you like.
- Red Pepper -feel free to use any colour of the rainbow. You can even add some hot peppers if you like.
- Shrimp – can be fresh or frozen. If you are using frozen, but sure to thaw before using. A great alternative would be baby scallops.
- Spinach – can be replaced with kale or arugula.
- Sauce – if you are not a fan of Peri Peri, try salsa, bbq sauce, or even just a seasoning blend.
- Storage – always store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. This will last for 2 days.
- Reheat – can be done on the stovetop, in the microwave, or oven.
How To Make Zoodles
There are several ways to make these fun zucchini noodles.
- Spiralizer – my preferred method.
- Vegetable peeler – slice lengthwise into thin strips. Pile on top of each other and cut lengthwise into noodles.
- Mandoline – use the julienne attachement.
- Box grater – grate the zucchini lengthwise down the large holes of the grater.
FAQ (Questions And Answers)
They can be eaten both raw and cooked.
Never boil, always saute or eat raw. To keep them from getting soggy when cooking, make sure the pan is hot and only cook until heated through.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
If you love this one-skillet meal, give Corned Beef and Potatoes Skillet a try. The perfect alternative to the traditional corned beef and cabbage.
Here are a few more fun spiralized recipes to try:
Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles
- 5 ounces leeks (thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound zucchini (made into noodles)
- 1 pound shrimp (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 4 ounces spinach
- ¼ cup Peri Peri sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Prepare your veggies and set aside. Get your shrimp (cleaned or thawed) and ready to cook. Set aside.**NOTE** Zucchini noodles can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 1-2 days in a ziplock bag.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat.
- Add the sliced leeks. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add sliced red peppers. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add Peri Peri sauce, and mix to combine.
- Add shrimp and cook approximately 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve.