Corned Beef and Potato Skillet is a quick and easy 30-minute meal. The perfect St. Patrick’s Day dinner.
Sliced corned beef, hash browns, and Brussels sprouts create the perfect alternative to the traditional beef and cabbage Irish dinner.
Do you celebrate St. Paddy’s Day? The luck of the Irish? Guinness on draught and pickled eggs at the bar?
I can make a meal on Cast Iron Potoates all on their own.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this beef and potatoes recipe can be found at the bottom of this post.
Beef Hash Recipe Ingredients Include:
Super easy-to-find ingredients make this quick and easy to make.
- avocado oil
- frozen hash browns
- fresh Brussels sprouts
- sliced corned beef (from the deli or packaged)
- grainy mustard
- salt and pepper
When it comes to quick skillet meals, the easier the ingredients are to find the better.
Cooking this corned beef and potatoes on the stove, my *(affiliate) Lodge cast iron skillet works great. Feel free to use any skillet or pan you wish.
The best type of corned beef for this recipe? If you have leftover beef brisket, that would be awesome. I used deli sliced. Canned corned beef is popular. You would have to cook it a little longer to make sure it is warmed up enough to eat.
If you would prefer to use another meat, roast beef or pastrami would work well in this recipe.
Don’t have fresh Brussels sprouts? That’s ok. You can use thinly sliced cabbage or even packaged coleslaw or broccoli slaw.
How To Make Corned Beef and Potato Skillet Meal
This potato and beef hash comes together in minutes. The convenience of the frozen potatoes and cooked meat really cuts down on the cooking time.
- Slice your Brussels sprouts and set to one side.
- Chop your onion.
- Slice your meat and place to the side.
- Heat your skillet and add the avocado oil.
- Cook the onions in the skillet until nicely browned.
- Add the hash browns and mustard.
- Cook until they start to brown.
- Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and continue to cook until softened.
- Add the beef and heat through.
- Season and serve.
When it comes to traditional Irish recipes, this easy Corned Beef and Potato Skillet meal fits the bill. With the help of easy to find ingredients, this budget-friendly meal is on the table in no time.
Looking for another version. Check out Ukrainian Kobasa Kapusta. This recipe combines sauerkraut and kielbasa.
Love cabbage rolls but not all the work? Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole is for you. All the flavour, none of the work. Ukrainian approved.
Love one-dish casseroles? This Chicken Mushroom Barley Bake goes from stovetop to oven to table. Hearty and easily feeds a family any night of the week.
Looking For More Easy Skillet Meals
Pasta and chili are always a hit on the dinner table. This Spaghetti Chili Casserole combines the best of both worlds.
Looking for a meatless option? Black Bean Corn and Rice Skillet is packed with protein.
Craving seafood? Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp is a great choice. Everyone loves fun zoodles!
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Easy Corned Beef and Potato Skillet
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound hash browns frozen
- 4 ounces onion chopped
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts fresh, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces sliced corned beef
- Chop/dice the onion and set aside.
- Thickly slice the Brussels sprouts and set aside.
- Slice the corned beef/meat and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until nicely browned. About 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard and hash browns. Mix and cook until they start to brown. About 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and continue to cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the sliced corned beef/meat and cook for about 5-6 minutes until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.