Easy Baked Gnocchi with mushrooms and tomatoes is a true dinner delight. Comforting and satisfying, it is sure to be a family favourite. Everything is baked on a sheet pan. Cleanup is a breeze too.
You don’t even have to make the gnocchi from scratch. This recipe uses store-bought refrigerated gnocchi. Easy to find and so convenient to use in any gnocchi dish.
This twist on a classic Italian dish is the perfect meal for any night of the week. Each forkful is full of flavour and texture contrasts. Earthy mushrooms, sun-kissed tomatoes, and perfectly baked little gnocchi pillows.
I love mushrooms in recipes. This pierogi sauce recipe is a Ukrainian classic. A hearty mushroom sauce perfect for pasta, mashed potatoes, and rice.
When it comes to making dinner, especially on busy weeknights, the easier the better. We don’t want to spend hours cooking and then cleaning dishes. That is why this sheet pan dinner is such a hit. A super simple cozy dish.
It’s like magic. No pots of boiling water for pasta. No extra pans. One bowl for mixing, one sheet pan for baking. Dinner is ready in no time.
Baked Gnocchi Ingredients
Nothing hard to find for this easy tray bake. Keep reading for some great substitutions below.
- refrigerated gnocchi
- fresh mushrooms
- grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Gnocchi Bake In One Pan
This gourmet baked gnocchi is a full meal. A cozy dinner that is so easy to make. Simple and flavourful. Full instructions are in the recipe card.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the seasonings and oil.
- Give it a good mix.
- Toss in the packaged gnocchi.
- Mix to coat everything in oil.
- Spread everything on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven, for 35-40 minutes.
- When gnocchi are golden brown remove from oven.
- Place in serving bowls.
- Garnish and eat.
If you have never tried this before, you will be impressed with the tasty results. Baking the mushrooms and tomatoes creates juicy little bites of goodness that pair well with the golden, doughy roasted gnocchi. Simplicity and sophistication in this home-cooked easy dinner recipe.
Gnocchi can be the refrigerated kind found in the deli section of the grocery store. You can also use the shelf-stable kind found in the pasta section.
Mushrooms can be any variety you like. Use a combination to create a earthy flavour profile.
Grape tomatoes are such a great addition to any recipe. You can also use cherry tomatoes. Large tomatoes can be used, and Roma tomatoes would be a good option. I would take out the pulp and seeds to avoid too much moisture.
Other vegetables can be used as well. Onions, carrots, potatoes, spinach, or even eggplant. Anything your family will eat. You can never go wrong with roasted vegetables.
Seasonings are key to any tasty dish. I used an Italian blend, along with some salt and pepper. If you want to spice it up, toss in some red chili flakes. You be the judge.
Garnish is always optional, but so delicious. Cheese and fresh herbs are great choices. Rosemary, thyme, and basil are delicious options. Feta and mozzarella can replace the parmesan.
Leftovers can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Reheat either in the oven or microwave.
Shelf Stable Gnocchi Or Refrigerated Gnocchi
Either variety will work in this recipe. Shelf stable is considered a non-perishable food. It is vacuum sealed, has a longer expiration date, and does not require refrigeration.
Fresh, refrigerated gnocchi must be kept in the fridge until ready to use.
Both types can be boiled, baked, or pan-fried. A true culinary delight.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
You may want to give these delicious pasta dishes a try:
Easy Sheet Pan Baked Gnocchi
- 1 pound refrigerated gnocchi
- 1 pound mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pound grape tomatoes (halved)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms and tomatoes, and place them in a large mixing bowl.1 pound mushrooms, 1 pound grape tomatoes
- Add the seasonings, olive oil, and diced garlic. Mix.4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Toss in the gnocchi, and mix to coat well.1 pound refrigerated gnocchi
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the gnocchi are golden brown. You can give it a stir halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven, place in serving bowls, garnish if desired.1 ounce parmesan cheese