A new twist on a classic dish. Chinese Spaghetti and Meatballs is an Asian-Italian fusion pasta.
Juicy pork meatballs, a spicy Asian sauce, sautéed mushrooms, and classic spaghetti noodles.
Who doesn’t love a great spaghetti and meatball dinner? I know it is always a favourite around here. We love playing in the kitchen creating great-tasting fusion food. Greek nachos are a prime example.
There are many wonderful variations for this classic meal. So many ways to make the sauce. Different meats to make the wonderful juicy meatballs, and of course your choice of pasta. I think you can pretty well make classic spaghetti and meatballs different every time.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this Chinese spaghetti noodle recipe can be found at the bottom of this post.
For this recipe, I decided to make pork meatballs. There are lots of Chinese recipes that incorporate chicken, so I wanted to switch it up.
The regular tomato sauce was replaced with a sweet and spicy chili sauce, and I also sautéed some fresh mushrooms for some added texture and flavour.
You Will Need:
- ground pork
- sliced white bread
- Worcestershire sauce
- *(affiliate) sweet Thai chili sauce
- *(affiliate) soy sauce
- *(affiliate) Sriracha sauce
- *(affiliate) red chili paste
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- dry white wine
- *(affiliate) rice wine vinegar
- *(affiliate) sesame oil
- fresh mushrooms
- garnish like pea shoots, sesame seeds or peanuts (optional)
This pork meatball recipe turned out fantastic. Spicy Asian garlic noodles are better than any takeout you can find.
We just happen to love meatball recipes. They are great in lots of delicious ways.
Jerk Turkey Meatball Subs are fun for lunch or dinner. A great way to switch up the protein combined with Caribbean flair.
You can never go wrong with Olive Cocktail Meatballs. A great way to get any party started.
If you are a lamb lover, Grilled Kofta Kebabs are for you. They are like big meatballs (stretched out) on a stick.
Of course, if you want to stick to the classic spaghetti recipe, be sure to check out my Simple Roasted Tomatoes to make the best pasta sauce.
Making Chinese Spaghetti and Meatballs
This easy noodle recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. I like to make lots since the leftovers are fantastic. There are a few steps, but NOTHING is difficult. Not much prep work or cutting of ingredients. Mince a bit of garlic and slice some mushrooms.
Step One: Making the Pork Meatballs
- Combine the meatball ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into balls (about the size of golf balls).
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and drain on paper towels to remove excess fat.
Step Two: Making The Spicy Asian Sauce
- Combine all the meatball sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the cooked meatballs and toss.
Step Three: Preparing the Chinese Spaghetti Noodles
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and add a touch of oil.
- Heat the sauce in a wok or skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened.
- Add the drained pasta noodles and toss.
Step Four: Mushrooms and Garnish
- You can totally omit this step if you like. However, it does add to the dish.
- Thinly slice the fresh mushrooms.
- Cook in a small pan with a bit of oil.
Now it’s time to eat. Plate the spaghetti into serving bowls. Top with several meatballs. Garnish. Dig in.
Let me tell you this was one awesome dish. Seriously we loved it better than any takeout we have had, and the best part is it’s homemade!!
If a sweet with heat flavour is what you are looking for, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed with this Asian pasta dish.
Want to try your hand at making homemade gnocchi from scratch? This herbed potato gnocchi recipe is easy and so delicious.
I am Brand Ambassador for Ontario Pork. Check out some of my tasty recipes.
Looking for more fun fusion recipes to try? Check these out:
- Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus
- Mediterranean Breakfast Burritos
- Korean Pizza
- Indian Street Tacos
- Curry Mac and Cheese
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
This recipe was adapted from The Chunky Chef.
Chinese Spaghetti and Meatballs
For the Pork Meatballs:
- 24 ounces ground pork
- 2 slices white bread (no crust and soaked in water just enough to cover the bread)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet red chili sauce
For the Meatball Sauce:
- 4 tbsp organic soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp red chili paste
- 3 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the Spaghetti:
- 16 ounces pasta (spaghetti or linguini)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Agave nectar
- 3 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1/2 cup organic soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 fresh mushrooms (sliced)
To make the Meatball Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Set aside till ready to use.
To make the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400º F and get a pan/dish ready and set aside.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients together, but DO NOT over mix.
- Shape into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place in prepared pan/dish.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and place meatballs on paper towel to drain any excess fat.
- Combine the sauce with the meatballs and set aside.
To make the Spaghetti:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- When it is boiling, season water with salt and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking get the sauce ready by combing all ingredients except olive oil and garlic.
- In a wok heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add sauce mixture and cook till thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Drain cooked pasta and add to sauce in wok.
- Sauté the fresh mushrooms in a bit of olive oil in a shallow fry pan.
When ready to serve:
- Place some of the pasta from the wok into a serving bowl.
- Top with 3-4 meatballs that are covered in sauce.
- Add some mushrooms to the bowl.
- Garnish (I used fresh pea shoots).