Green Thai Curry with Beef is aromatic and so easy to prepare. Customize your level of heat/spice, and use your favourite veggies. Who need takeout when you can make this at home.
One of our favourite cuisines is Thai….and this Green Thai Curry with Beef is awesome. We always stay home and make a meal together on Valentine’s Day, and this was our meal this year.
Thin slices of beef, loads of veggies and a wonderful fragrant and spicy green curry sauce all served over a bed of udon noodles with a side dish of spring rolls. It was a great dinner, paired with wine and our dessert was Chocolate Molten Cake….we saved a ton of money….and the food was better too!!
Making curry dishes at home is easier than you think. Stir fries are quick and easy. The majority of the work is in the prep, the chopping/slicing of the ingredients. Once that is done, a quick cook in the wok and dinner is served.
First I make a marinade for the beef. Thinly slice the meat and marinade for 2-4 hours. The longer the better. The marinade I chose included garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ground lemongrass.
While the meat is marinating away, I cut up all my veggies. It clearly is your choice here, whatever your heart (or stomach desires). My selection of veggies for this meal was: carrots, onion, a selection of peppers, snap peas, baby bok choy and oyster mushrooms.
For the curry paste I used green curry powder, fish sauce and lemon juice. This mixture combined with coconut milk made the sauce.
Time to cook. Get out your wok.
Add some oil to the wok and heat. Stir fry the marinated beef slices until cooked. Remove from wok and set aside.
Cook the veggies. I started with the onions and cooked them for about 3 minutes. Then I proceeded adding carrots, peppers and mushrooms. When they were almost done I added the bok choy and snap peas at the very end.
Once all the veggies were done, I removed them from the wok. Now it’s time for the curry. Add the curry paste and coconut milk to the wok. Bring to a boil.
Add the beef and veggies to the sauce in the wok. Heat through and serve over your choice of rice or noodles.
As a side dish we had spring rolls.
So next Valentine’s Day try making your own romantic dinner for two. Cooking together can be very enjoyable!!
Not into curry…how about Spaghetti & Meatballs Chinese Style??
Green Thai Curry with Beef
- 20 ounces beef (your choice of cut) (thinly sliced)
For the Marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoons ground lemongrass
For the Curry Paste:
- 2 tablespoons green curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced on a diagonal)
- 1 yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 orange pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces baby bok choy (trimmed)
- 7 ounces oyster mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil (your choice) for cooking
- Prepare marinade and set aside.
- Slice beef. Add beef and marinade to freezer bag. Marinate for 2-4 in the fridge. The longer the better.
- Slice/chop all your veggies.
- Prepare your curry paste.
- Add oil to wok and heat.
- Cook beef until done, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, peppers and mushrooms.
- When almost done (to your preferred tenderness) add snap peas and bok choy. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove veggies from wok and set aside.
- Add curry paste to wok and heat through.
- Add coconut milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add beef to the sauce.
- Add veggies to the beef/sauce mixture.
- Heat through.
- Serve over your choice of noodles or rice.
We’ve really gotten into the Thai recipes ever since our daughter had us over for dinner and made a quick Pad Thai. It was delicious and we enjoyed just the combination of flavors. This is the type of recipe that Hubby and I would love to make. We haven’t done a lot of curries in the past – it’s about time we did.
Homemade & Yummy
We love trying new foods in our house. What a great way to tastes the flavours of the world.
This is a perfectly delicious looking dish for this weekend. I cant wait to taste!
We really liked it.
This looks so good and I love your step by step directions and the photos make me want to try this recipe even more. I tried to save this to my Yum account but it wouldn’t save. I did bookmark it though. Thank you.
It has been saved many times in Yummly….don’t know why it wouldn’t save for you.
My mouth was watering all the way through the description of how you prepared the meal. Sounds like an awesome meal. Can’t wait to try it for myself. Yummy, for sure! 🙂
Well I sure hope you enjoy it as much as we do.