Craving Greek food but wanting Mexican? Greek Nachos with Hummus is the perfect fusion recipe.
This Mediterranean nacho recipe is loaded with feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, artichokes, and served with homemade hummus.
We love fusion recipes. It is always fun mixing up flavours and creating delicious variations on classic recipes.
Lamb egg rolls are a fun twist. Baked not fried, stuffed with lamb and mushrooms.
Pissaladiere French pizza is a true classic. This pizza is covered in olive tapenade and caramelized onions.
If you love pasta, this Asian Italian fusion spaghetti is a must-try. Pork meatballs are super juicy, and the pasta is covered in a delicious Asian sauce.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for these Greek style nachos are at the bottom of this post.
Are nachos a meal or an appetizer in your house? For the most part we have no problem making them the main event here.
Perfect for a Saturday night in front of the TV watching a great movie. Alongside some pizza or chicken wings work too.
Fun to make, delicious to eat. Enjoyed by all.
Load Up The Greek Nachos
You can add whatever you want and they will always be delicious. This recipe uses classic Greek ingredients:
- kalamata olives
- canned artichoke hearts
- herb and garlic cheese blend
- feta cheese
- fresh tomatoes
- tortilla chips
Full instructions are in the recipe card, but I am sure you are very familiar with layering the ingredients and baking the nachos.
I used a cast-iron skillet instead of a baking dish. It keeps the chips nice and hot while eating.
Mediterranean nacho recipes also use pita chips, so feel free to swap out the tortilla chips if you prefer.
Making Homemade Hummus
If you have never made hummus at home, you are in for a treat. It is super easy. You do need a good blender or food processor to get the job done.
Combine all the ingredients:
- canned chickpeas
- tahini paste
- Greek yogurt
- Greek seasoning
- olive oil
Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed to create a creamy texture.
Place hummus in a bowl, garnish with more olive oil, and chopped or sliced black olives. This is now ready to eat, and believe me, it is addictive and so much better than store-bought.
Is It Cheaper To Make Homemade Tortilla Chips?
YES, and they are fun to make too. They have a thicker texture so they don’t break under pressure (like when you load them down with toppings). You can also control the amount of salt. Here is a great link to making baked tortilla chips at home.
How To Prevent Soggy Nachos
All the toppings fall off and you are left with a soggy chips….that sucks! You want are bar-style nachos that are crispy yet gooey.
You can prevent this from happening by:
- layering evenly
- making sure the ingredients are room temperature before using
- you can bake a base layer of chips and cheese, then add more layers and finish baking
Next time you are in the mood for fun fusion eats, this Mediterranean twist of a favourite is sure to please.
If you love kalamata olives on nachos, you also might like to try:
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Greek Nachos with Hummus
For the Hummus:
- 1 can chickpeas (19 ounce) (rinsed & drained)
- 3 tablespoon tahini paste
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for drizzle)
- ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives (for topping)
For the Nachos:
- 1 250 gram bag of tortilla chips
- 4 canned artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 2 cups herb & garlic cheese blend (shredded)
- ½ cup feta cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 ounces fresh spinach (finely chopped)
- 3 fresh tomatoes (diced)
To make the Hummus:
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini paste, yogurt, greek seasoning, olive oil and water.
- Using a blender, food processor or immersion blender, blend until smooth (add more water to make your desired consistency).
- Place in a bowl an put in the fridge until ready to use.
- Before serving drizzle with olive oil and chopped olives.
To make the Nachos:
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place tortilla chips in a cast iron skillet (or heat proof dish).
- Layer on the herb & garlic cheese.
- Layer on the feta cheese.
- Layer on the chopped artichokes.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (app. 15 minutes).
- When done, remove from oven and garnish with sliced olives, diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
- Serve with hummus.