Craving Greek food but wanting nachos, Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus is the perfect Greek/Mexican fusion…you get the best of both worlds in one fun dish.
Nachos are such a fun food to eat, but even more fun to make. You can create the ultimate gourmet nacho dish right in your own kitchen. Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus is part of a wonderful recipe collaboration from a bunch of very talented Canadian bloggers.
Do you love nachos? We love them and make them often. The fun thing about nachos is you can make whatever flavour your heart desires. Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus is a wonderful way to enjoy two different countries in one awesome dish.
I will admit when I decided on making this tasty dish, my husband was not sure it would work. I told him don’t worry they will be awesome…and they were. Now they are his favourite…and mine. The flavours of Greece are definitely the star of the show in this wonderful Mexican inspired dish. I really can’t wait till I make them again.
I started with the homemade hummus. If you have never made hummus before it is so easy and tastes so much better than store bought. You can season it with whatever you like. My husband is not a raw garlic fan, but that is not an issue here. Silk Road spices are my all time favourite and their wonderful Greek Seasoning just happened to make it’s way into this great dish. Along with some olive oil, greek yogurt, tahini paste, water…and topped with Kalamata olives, this hummus rocks!!
For this dish I used my Lodge Cast Iron skillet which I totally love!! They keep the nachos nice and hot while we enjoy them with our wine.
The chips were topped with two types of cheese, feta of course and a herb and garlic blend. On top of the cheese I added artichokes and placed it in the oven to bake. When they were done I finished them off with toppings of diced tomatoes, sliced olives and finely chopped spinach.
Served with the creamy hummus…this was such a wonderful nacho night….the best ever!!
Next time you are in the mood for nachos…give these Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus a try. Mexican flare with a twist of Greek.
Be sure to sign up for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and get a FREE printable too.
Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus
For the Hummus:
- 1 19 ounce can of chickpeas. (rinsed & drained)
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tsp greek seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for drizzle)
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives (for topping)
For the Nachos:
- 1 250 gram bag of tortilla chips
- 4 canned artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 2 cups herb & garlic cheese blend (shredded)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 ounces fresh spinach (finely chopped)
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes (diced)
To make the Hummus:
- Use a blender or food processor.
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini paste, yogurt, greek seasoning, olive oil and water.
- Blend until smooth (add more water to make your desired consistency).
- Place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and chopped olives.
- Place in fridge till ready to use.
To make the Nachos:
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place tortilla chips in a cast iron skillet (or heat proof dish).
- Layer on the herb & garlic cheese.
- Layer on the feta cheese.
- Layer on the chopped artichokes.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (app. 15 minutes).
- When done, remove from oven and garnish with sliced olives, diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
- Serve with hummus.
Be sure to check out all the yummy recipes in this wonderful Canadian Food Creatives Nacho Collaboration. With all the efforts of these very talented bloggers there is something here for everyone.
- Chorizo Nachos by Chew Street
- Greek Nachos with Creamy Hummus by Homemade & Yummy
- Korean Nachos by My Kitchen Love
- Loaded Veggie Nachos with Sweet Potato Chips & Goat Cheese by The Refreshanista
- Salted Caramel Snickerdoodle Nachos by The Cinnamon Scrolls
- S’mores Nachos by Liv for Cake