Strawberry Scones drizzled with white chocolate. Perfect for your coffee break, or a great item for your brunch menu. Flaky, tender, and studded with lots of sweet juicy berries.
Who can resist the combination of strawberries and white chocolate? The perfect summer scone recipe. Apple Cranberry Scones are delicious too.
Whether you are using frozen berries, or fresh berries, scones are always delicious. You can even mix up the berries like in these Mixed Berry Scones.
I love strawberry season. So many delicious ways to enjoy them. Juicy, sweet, and the perfect fruit for snacking and using in tasty recipes.
The combination of strawberries, ricotta cheese, and balsamic works wonderfully in this strawberry bruschetta recipe. Great as an appetizer or even dessert. Patio perfect.
Did you know that scones are considered a type of biscuit? Biscuits are also super easy to make. You can make them in under 30 minutes. Perfect for any night of the week.
For a cut biscuit, try these Cottage Cheese Biscuits. Flavoured with everything bagel seasoning. So much better than the store-bought kind from a can.
Looking for a drop biscuit? Baking Powder Drop Biscuits are for you. Mix, drop bake. Easy and delicious.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for these strawberry and white chocolate scones can be found at the bottom of this post.
Strawberry Scones Need:
- Baking powder
- Greek yogurt
- Frozen strawberries
- White chocolate
- Strawberry oil/extract (optional)
- Lime zest
I have included some suggestions and tips below.
Making Strawberry Scones From Scratch
If you have never made scones, fear not, they are easy to make. No need to buy them from the bakery. Once you have a basic scone recipe, you can make it in lots of different ways from sweet to savoury.
Here is the rundown, complete instructions are in the recipe card.
- Preheat the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This really is the best way to make sure the scones do not stick.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the cold butter to the flour mixture and work in.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Toss in the berries.
- Place dough on a floured surface.
- Form into a circle and cut into wedges.
- Bake, allow to cool and drizzle with white chocolate.
Butter – make sure it is COLD. Use a fork or fingers to work and rub the butter into the flour until you get pea-sized pieces.
Greek Yogurt – I used vanilla flavoured, but feel free to use plain or even strawberry flavoured yogurt. You can also use sour cream.
Strawberry Oil – adds a little extra flavour punch. If you don’t have any that is fine, vanilla extract is a great alternative.
Avoid overmixing – this is important since overworking the dough will result in tough scones. The dough should be on the sticky, wet side.
Frozen Strawberries – be sure not to completely thaw the berries, you want them to be cold when incorporating them into the dough. You can replace these with fresh strawberries.
White Chocolate – I like to use good quality white chocolate. You can also use milk or dark chocolate, or just drizzle with an icing sugar glaze. These scones are also delicious on their own.
Storing– place in a sealed container and they will remain fresh for 2-3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Be sure to wrap them well and place in a freezer bag.
The perfect scone has a crunchy outside and a moist, soft inside.
You need to have enough moisture in the dough, or the scones will fall apart after baking. This is why you should not overwork the dough. The butter needs to have some solid pieces to create air pockets.
They should be about 1 inch thick to create lots of flaky layers during baking.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Looking for more strawberry recipes? I know I am.
- 18 Fresh Strawberry Recipes – so many delicious ways to enjoy them.
- Strawberry Tequila Cocktail – the perfect summer cocktail.
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberries – makes an easy bbq party dessert.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles – my grandkids cannot get enough of these.
- Crepes – great for brunch.
- Pie – a summer favourite.
- Mousse – is great for entertaining.
Be sure to have a look at all the baking recipes on this site.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted COLD butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Lorann strawberry oil
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries (slightly thawed and cut into pieces)
- Lime zest
- 3 ounces White chocolate (melted) (for drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl and whisk to combine.2 cups all purpose flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, pinch of salt
- Add butter (using forks to mash) then use your fingers till the pieces of butter are about the size of a “pea” and STOP!½ cup unsalted COLD butter
- Combine egg, yogurt and strawberry oil.1 egg, ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt, ¼ teaspoon Lorann strawberry oil
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fold ONLY until mixed…dough will be wet.
- Add berries and lime zest.1 ½ cups frozen strawberries, Lime zest
- Flour surface, and knead dough into an 8″ round.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Melt chocolate in microwave….and drizzle over cooled scones.3 ounces White chocolate (melted)