Simple Grilled Veggies is one of those dishes that is quick, easy and certainly fits the saying that sometimes “simple is best”. Crunchy, grilled and seasoned to perfection, it’s a dish that goes with any meat, fish or seafood.
Around here we just love to BBQ. We try to do it all year long, but certainly this summer we have been grilling up some wonderful meals. It seems lately we have been hosting BBQ’s every weekend!! From breakfast to dessert and everything in between, if we can find a way to use the grill…that is how it is cooked.
Veggies are one of our favourite things to cook. There is something about that smokey flavour and crunchy texture that makes Simple Grilled Veggies taste awesome. With the help of so many wonderful spices and flavoured oils, plain veggies are taken to a whole new level of good!! Honestly all it takes are some veggies, seasonings, a BBQ and grill basket and you are good to go. Awesome veggies are but minutes away.
You can grill just about any veggie you want. Today we used cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus.
Wash, drain and cut to size. For the asparagus I just broke off the ends.
Sometimes I like to marinate the veggies prior to grilling, and that is what I did with the cauliflower and broccoli. I just mixed up some regular olive oil along with some Tuscan Herb olive oil, some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the cauliflower, broccoli and oil mixture into a ziplock bag and let it sit on the counter for about 30-60 minutes before grilling.
The asparagus was just drizzled with olive oil, seasoned pepper blend and salt before going into the grill basket.
For grilling set BBQ to a medium heat. Place the basket on the grill and pop in the seasoned veggies.
Cook till your desired level of doneness, turning during grilling. Squeeze with some fresh lemon juice and ENJOY!!
For your next BBQ, don’t forget Simple Grilled Veggies will compliment any meal….even goes great with burgers!!
If you really enjoy the field to fork recipe ideas, Grilled Hakurei Turnips and Radishes will be right up your alley.
For other great veggies check out these great ideas:
Simple Grilled Veggies
- Your choice of fresh veggies. Almost any will work.
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1/8 cup Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 tsp pepper blend seasoning
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Wash, drain and cut veggies.
- For the Marinade combine:Olive oil (1/8 cup)
- Tuscan Herb olive oil (1/8 cup)
- Italian seasoning (1/2 tsp.)
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Marinate the cauliflower & broccoli for 30-60 minutes in a ziplock bag at room temperature prior to grilling.
- Just before grilling drizzle the asparagus with olive oil.
- Season with 3/4 tsp. pepper blend seasoning.
- Salt to taste
- Heat the BBQ to medium
- Place basket on grill
- Pop in seasoned veggies
- Cook until desired doneness, turning often
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over cooked veggies