Grilled Plums make the perfect end-of-summer dessert. Easy and delicious.
Red plums are perfectly grilled, then drizzled with warm chocolate honey. Just add ice cream or yogurt. You can even turn these into a savoury side dish. You may also like this recipe for glazed pears.
Grilling fruit is such a great way to enjoy it. It brings out the natural sweetness. If you are looking for an easy dessert recipe, just fire up the grill and you will have a delicious dessert in minutes. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Grilled Strawberries drizzled with balsamic are perfect as an appetizer or dessert.
- Smoked Apples have all the flavours of Fall.
- Tropical Salsa is great for fish tacos and chicken.
- Stuffed Avocado Boats are by far our favourite appetizer.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this dessert with plums can be found at the bottom of this post.
There are so many things you can do with plums. Canning, freezing, pickled plums, stewed, jams, and juice. All the baking recipes and of course the Sugar Plum Fairy is busy during the holidays. Let’s not forget prunes, the dried version of plums.
Ingredients For This Plum Recipe
- Fresh plums
- Avocado oil
Only three ingredients, but you can always add ice cream or yogurt for garnish.
Preparing Grilled Plums Is Easy
Full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Continue reading for some great recipe tips.
- Wash, cut, and remove the pits.
- On an oiled grill, cook for 4-5 minutes. All you need to do is soften the fruit and release its natural juices.
- Remove and place on a serving platter.
- Warm honey slightly and drizzle over grilled plums.
This plum dessert is so easy and so delicious. A great way to eat seasonal stone fruit.
Plums – Can be any variety you like. I used red in this recipe.
Oil – I like avocado oil because it does not burn at high heat and has a mild flavour. Feel free to use any oil you like.
Honey – I used chocolate honey for this recipe. Any kind of honey will work. Slightly warm to make it easier to work with. Maple syrup is another great choice. Looking for a savoury dish? Balsamic glaze with goat cheese is delicious.
Garnish – If you want more toppings, try ice cream, yogurt, mascarpone cheese, or whipped cream.
Serving – Serve immediately. These do not keep well after cooking. Great as a dessert, or as an addition to brunch. The perfect side dish for chicken, fish, or pork.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
So many, approximately 20 kinds, with a variety of skin colours and usually red or yellow flesh.
Store whole at room temperature until they are ripe. Once ripe place in the fridge.
The peel is certainly edible and delicious. The skin contains fiber and other healthy nutrients. Always wash before eating.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU.
Looking for more delicious stone fruit recipes to try? Here are a few that might interest you:
- 3 red plums
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Wash plums, cut in half and remove pit.3 red plums
- Brush grill with avocado oil.1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Grill plums flesh side down for 4-5 minutes (until softened).
- Remove from grill, and place on serving platter.
- Sligthly warm honey, and drizzle over plums.1 tablespoon honey
- Serve. Can be topped with ice cream or yogurt.