Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers are packed with protein and the flavours of crab, spinach and goat cheese. Perfect, tasty one-dish dinner. Great meatless alternative.
Did you know quinoa is great for breakfast too?
Stuffed peppers are such a great meal. You can load them up with just about anything. I love the colour variety they come in, they make your plates look vibrant and tasty.
They truly make a one-dish dinner quick and easy. Quinoa is so healthy and such a great protein-packed meat alternative. We try to have a meatless meal at least once a week. One of our favourites is Poached Eggs & Lentil Hash.
Since adding whole grains to your diet is super healthy and nutritious, using them in recipes is easy. Buckwheat Scallop Salad is another hearty dish that can be used as a starter or the main dish.
If southern food is your thing, then this fun twist on shrimp and grits is sure to please. Served as a salad. Perfect as an appetizer or main dish. Try it on the weekend brunch. Your guests will love it.
For these Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers, I decided to use some canned crab meat I had in the cupboard. To complement the dish I also added some spinach, goat cheese, and finished them off with a panko topping.
Some people will soften their peppers before stuffing them. I skip this step altogether. Stuff, bake, eat, that’s the way I like to make them. I find they soften enough when they bake, and I don’t mind if they still have a bit of crunch at the end. I tend to like veggies on the crisp side.
So this is a super simple recipe. The hardest thing you have to do is pre-boil your quinoa. You can do this ahead of time (like even a few days) and have it ready and waiting in the fridge till you need to use it. Perfect for using in this Quinoa Tuna Casserole too.
Wash, cut, and hollow out the peppers. Mix the quinoa, crab, spinach, goat cheese, and seasonings (I used Baltimore Bay Line) in a bowl. Stuff the peppers, add the topping, and bake. Dinner is ready in about 35-40 minutes. Quick and easy for a great weeknight meal.
I usually make quite a few since I love having leftovers. We tend to get busy around here, and these warm-up great down the road. Besides I love cooking once and eating twice (or more).
So the next time you want a fast, meatless alternative give these Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers a try!! This is a great all-in-one-dish dinner.
Do you have a favourite quinoa recipe?
Be sure to signup for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and grab your FREE printable.
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 bell peppers (washed,cut and hollowed out)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cans of crab meat (120 grams each)
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces fresh spinach (for the recipe & garnish)
- 2 teaspoons Baltimore Bay Line seasoning
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges
- Pre-cook your quinoa.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Place the peppers in a prepared casserole dish.
- Drain the canned crab meat..
- In a bowl add the quinoa, crab, seasonings, goat cheese and mix well to combine.
- Add in 2 oz. of the chopped spinach and mix to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- In a bowl combine the panko crumbs and olive oil till the crumbs are well coated.
- Sprinkle over each pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for another 10 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked to your desired level of firmness.
- Place the rest of the chopped spinach on a serving platter.
- Place the cooked peppers on top.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.