Entertaining should be easy. Smoked Salmon Potato Appetizers will be the hit of your next party.
Baked mini potatoes, topped with smoked salmon alongside a simple sour cream and dill dip. This easy potato appetizer makes the best party potatoes. Your guests will LOVE them.
Are you a potato lover? I AM! You can never have too many potato dishes. From breakfast to party food, recipes with potatoes are always welcome and enjoyed.
Mini potatoes (or baby potatoes) are so cute. These baked potato appetizers were inspired from my Warm Potato Salad recipe. Smoked salmon and dill pair so well together, creating yet another delicious potato dish with this combination was so much fun.
Fish and potatoes make such a great match. Fish and chips are a hit. Have you tried my fish cakes recipe? Perfect as an appetizer or main dish.
POTATO APPETIZER INGREDIENTS
I LOVE when recipes are easy to make and require minimal ingredients. These potato bites are just that. You will need:
- mini potatoes
- smoked salmon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- dried dill
- fresh dill
- sour cream
When it comes to entertaining, the easier the better. I like to spend time with my guests, not get stuck in the kitchen. Delicious foods don’t have to be complicated. In fact, I find the simpler the better.
Smoked salmon is one of those ingredients that happens to elevate any recipe. There are so many ways you can use it. Combine it with cucumbers too make a great stuffed appetizer, or use it to create this light and delicious cucumber salad.
Baked potatoes with sour cream is another love of mine. I also happen to love loaded potato skins. In fact, I do not know of one single potato dish I don’t love.
The more potato recipes in my life the better. That reminds me, my kids have been nagging me to make my mom’s potato soup recipe. They just might be in luck. We are in the comfort food season right now.
MAKING SMOKED SALMON PARTY POTATOES
Let’s get this party started. These baked potato bites are super easy.
- wash the potatoes
- bake with olive oil and seasonings until done
- combine fresh dill and sour cream in a bowl
- slice the smoked salmon into thin strips
- cut the baked potatoes in half
- top with smoked salmon
- skewer into place
- serve with dip
Super easy right? Told you! You can be finishing off this tasty mini potato recipe as your guests are walking in the door.
You can even leave a few potatoes on their own, for the people that might not like smoked salmon. These mini potatoes dipped in sour cream and dill still make GREAT potato appetizers
So, next time you need a new and fun dish for your guests, give these Smoked Salmon Potato Appetizers a try. **HINT** make LOTS! These were devoured in a flash.
What is your favourite appetizer using potatoes?
Don’t forget to sign up for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and grab your FREE printable. If you would prefer to get PUSH NOTIFICATIONS instead, CLICK the PURPLE BELL on the bottom right of this page. FOLLOW ME on social media too!
Visit my affiliate link and Shop my PRODUCT LISTS
Smoked Salmon Potato Appetizers with Sour Cream Dip
- 11 ounces mini (baby potatoes) I used 8 large ones
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- 4 ounces sour cream
- additional dill for garnish
- 2 1/2 ounces smoked salmon
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Place in baking dish, along with oil, salt, pepper, and dried dill.
- Mix to combine, and bake until done. About 35 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and chopped dill. Mix and set aside in the fridge till ready to use.
- Cut the smoked salmon into long thin strips. Keep in fridge till ready to assemble.
- Once potatoes are baked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. You don't want to burn your fingers while you assemble them.
- Once cool, cut in half.
- Top each half with a piece of smoked salmon and secure with a skewer.
- Arrange on serving platter, and garnish with additional dill.
- Serve with the sour cream dip.