Mediterranean Tuna Avocado Salad is packed with flavours, and hearty enough to be a meal. No time to make dinner? This quick and easy salad is what you need. A great meatless meal.
Italian-style tuna salad without mayo is healthy and delicious. Avocado is the key. Perfect for lunch boxes too. Using canned tuna in recipes is such a great idea. Give this tuna pasta recipe a try.
Avocados are so healthy and so delicious. You can enjoy them grilled too. These stuffed avocado boats are the perfect summer appetizer. Once you try them you will be hooked.
Affordable recipes are a must these days. Canned fish works so well, and is budget-friendly. Sardine Pasta is the perfect example. Made in under 30 minutes.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this tuna salad can be found at the bottom of this post.
I am always looking for new and interesting combinations, and the healthier the better. Like my modern twist in this quinoa and tuna casserole. The classic recipe gets a makeover.
Healthy Tuna Salad Ingredients
- canned tuna
- feta cheese
- Romano beans
- canned artichokes
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- black pepper
Mediterranean Tuna Avocado Salad Is Simple
This Mediterranean salad is so easy to make. Full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Combine your salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Add the tuna, beans, avocado, feta, and artichokes to a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss well.
- Place spinach onto serving plates.
- Top with tuna mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil and pepper.
Suggestions/ Recipe Tips
Beans can be replaced with red or white kidney beans, pinto beans, chickpeas or even black-eyed peas. Lentils are always an option as well.
Canned tuna packed in oil or water, either will work.
Feta can be replaced with other cheese of your choice.
Avocado is best fresh, but frozen will work. Just thaw and chop.
Greens can be spinach, lettuce, kale or a combination.
Canned artichokes in oil or water are both great in this recipe. Be sure to drain before chopping.
Garnish with fresh herbs or even olives.
Store the tuna mixture separate from the greens. It can be made ahead of time, but you may want to add the avocado in at the last minute to avoid it going brown. This will last for 2-3 days in a container in the fridge.
A nice hearty dinner salad is perfect for entertaining. This recipe is easy to double, and an economical way to feed a crowd. Heck, I would double it just to have leftovers (the flavours are awesome the next day too).
When easy dinner salads are packed with nutrition and awesome flavour, you won’t miss the “big” meal at all.
A highly plant-based diet is full of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds, spices, herbs, and lots of olive oil.
Yes, it is low in calories, high in protein and an excellent source of omega-3.
Fish and seafood are the main meat proteins, along with lean chicken and eggs.
Looking for more easy meals? Give these a try.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
No Mayo Mediterranean Tuna Salad
For the Salad:
- 6 ounces avocado (1 large/chopped)
- 160 grams Rio Tuna (1 can/drained)
- 6 ounces tomatoes (fresh) (chopped/drain excess liquid)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 19 ounces Romano beans (1 can/drained/rinsed)
- 4 ounces canned artichokes (Packed in oil/chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped/for garnish)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ teaspoons cracked black pepper (or to taste)
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (I used Tuscan flavoured)
For the Dressing:
- Mix the lemon juice and olive oil in a jar (or container). Shake and set aside till ready to use.1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the Salad:
- In a large bowl add the rinsed can of beans, chopped avocado, feta, drained tuna and chopped artichokes.6 ounces avocado, ¼ cup feta cheese, 19 ounces Romano beans, 4 ounces canned artichokes, 160 grams Rio Tuna
- For the tomatoes, I placed them in a blender to roughly chop. Drain in a sieve to get rid of the excess liquid. Add to the bowl.6 ounces tomatoes (fresh)
- Add the dressing to all the ingredients in the bowl. Mix until nicely coated.
- Place the spinach on the serving plates.4 cups fresh spinach
- Top with salad mixture.
- Garnish with pepper and chopped fresh basil.¼ teaspoons cracked black pepper, 2 tablespoons fresh basil