Nutritious Oatmeal Chia Pancakes with Kefir are hearty and delicious. Traditional pancakes are kicked up a notch. Healthy and satisfying. Perfect for dinner too!!
Brunch on the weekends is a great way to start the day. Finally, time to sit down and actually enjoy your meal without having to rush out the door to work and school. Do you have a favourite dish you like to cook for the weekend brunch? Oatmeal is a great ingredient, and we use if often in things like muffins, baked oatmeal and cookie balls.
Most days breakfast is eaten in such a hurry. We are rushing to get ready in the morning. Most people don’t even eat breakfast, even though it is the most important meal of the day.
Then comes the weekend, when things hopefully are a little calmer and laid back, for at least one of the days. Time to actually sit and have a cup of coffee (or two). Cooking up a tasty brunch is something we love to do in our house. What about you?
DO YOU GO OUT TO BRUNCH?
So many people love to go out to brunch on the weekends. Restaurants can be lined up out the door. Brunch is one of those meals that is a time slot all its’ own. It happens to be my favourite time slot. I am not a breakfast or lunch person, but BRUNCH, now we’re talking.
Brunch foods are usually breakfast and lunch foods “kicked up a notch”. Delicious varieties of eggs, pancakes, sandwiches, quiches, and don’t forget awesome drinks too. You even get dessert items. What’s not to love about brunch.
These Nutritious Oatmeal Chia Pancakes with Kefir are brunch worthy. Pancakes can be a little boring at times in most restaurants. The advantage to making them at home is you can add whatever you like to them.
BREAKFAST FOR DINNER
Do you do this in your house too? We often have breakfast items for dinner like these Waffle Sandwiches. Sometimes it’s fun to mix up the dinner scene and add some variety to the week.
Adding nutrition to your meals is so important. The chia, kefir and oatmeal in these pancakes pack a punch with protein, fibre, and probiotics. Definitely heartier than a plain pancake. Add a slice or two of bacon, or a couple of sausages and this simple breakfast is perfect for dinner too.
ENTERTAINING WITH BRUNCH
Since people seem to love going out to brunch, have you ever thought of hosting a brunch? With so many options to add to the menu, it has quickly become a favourite way to host, and a true crowd pleaser.
Next time you want to try something a little different, these Nutritious Oatmeal Chia Pancakes with Kefir are worth a shot. I have even made extra to throw in the freezer. Quick and easy to reheat for breakfast any day of the week.
Do you have a favourite brunch food? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear about it.
Be sure to sign up for my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER so you never miss a recipe. You get my FREE ebook too!!
Looking for more brunch inspirations? Sparkling Strawberry Crepes are perfect for special occasions.
Nutritious Oatmeal Chia Pancakes with Kefir
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups kefir (flavoured or plain)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- Toppings of your choice
- In a bowl combine the oatmeal and kefir, and set aside.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, beat the eggs, oil and honey.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix well.Add the oatmeal/kefir mixture and combine well.
- Add the chia seeds and mix.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat.Once hot, add about 2 tsp. of butter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter (per pancake) into the pan.Cook (3-5 minutes) until the top of the pancake is bubbly.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Remove cooked pancakes from pan.Place on heat proof serving try, and place in a warm oven to until you have finished cooking all the pancakes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and sides.ENJOY!!