Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole is a warm and delicious way to start your day.
A savory baked oatmeal casserole packed with lots of healthy ingredients. Great as an addition to the brunch menu. It’s like a warm and cozy sweater for your taste buds.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We have all heard this for years. You can likely remember your grandmother saying it to you, I know I do.
I love oatmeal recipes in the morning. This versatile ingredient can be used in so many delicious ways. Have you tried baked chocolate strawberry oatmeal? It’s like having dessert for breakfast.
Baked breakfast donuts are a hit with the grandkids. They always ask for them on sleepover weekends. Yes, you can eat donuts for breakfast.
Oatmeal pancakes are hearty and nutritious, protein-rich and so satisfying.
Homemade muesli cereal is so much better than store-bought. You can easily customize it just the way you like.
If you are into overnight oatmeal, this chocolate oatmeal recipe is sure to be a hit. After all, who doesn’t want to eat chocolate in the morning?
Speaking of overnight oatmeal recipes, this blueberry and banana oats recipe is a delicious and healthy way to start the day.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this baked blueberry oatmeal can be found at the bottom of this post.
Healthy Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
- Old fashioned oatmeal, regular oats work well too.
- Blueberries, either fresh or frozen.
- Almonds, I like sliced but slivered are fine.
- Milk, both regular and non-diary work in this recipe.
- Maple sugar, however brown sugar or coconut sugar are great alternatives.
You can easily swap out ingredients in this breakfast casserole. There isn’t a wrong way of enjoying oatmeal for breakfast.
Making Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole Is Easy
It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Preheat the oven, and spray a baking dish.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake.
Honestly, even the kids can do this. Once baked, place in serving bowls, garnish with additional berries and milk and dig in.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Dairy and non-diary milk can be used. My new favourite non-dairy milk is oat milk. Almond milk, soy or coconut would be great too.
- Almonds can be swapped out for pecans, walnuts, pistachios, or whatever your favourite nut is.
- Maple sugar is so delicious, but feel free to use brown sugar, coconut sugar or even maple syrup or honey.
- Old-fashioned oats are great for any baking recipe. Regular oats are fine. Steel-cut oats will not work well in this casserole.
- Blueberries can be fresh or frozen. You can also use apples, pears, or any other berry you like.
Yes, baked oats are nutritious and filling. This recipe is like eating a healthy cake for breakfast.
This is the perfect breakfast recipe for reheating. I like to make lots so we can reheat on busy weekdays. Just pop a bowl in the microwave for a minute or so. Breakfast is ready.
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
Incorporated into so many delicious recipes, here are a few to try:
- No-Bake Granola Bars are perfect for lunch boxes, snacking, or eating on the run.
- Granola Dust is a great topping for yogurt.
- Chewy Granola Bars are soft and filled with lots of nutritious ingredients.
- Trail Mix Bites are fun to make. These are grandkid approved.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 ½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) (if using frozen, partially thaw)
- 2 cups milk (regular or non dairy)
- ½ cup maple sugar
- additional berries (for garnish)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray and 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except toppings) and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the toppings.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Place into serving bowl.
- Serve with additional milk and fresh berries.