This Blueberry Banana Oatmeal recipe is the perfect way to start your day. Make-ahead breakfast that works for lunch and snacks too.
The best overnight oatmeal recipe ever. Full of healthy ingredients. Gluten-free and dairy-free options.
Overnight oats are so easy and delicious. Have you tried my recipe for chocolate almond oatmeal?
How about dessert for breakfast? This healthy banana split is a favourite in our house. We even enjoy it for dinner too.
Oatmeal is such a great ingredient. Healthy, nutritious and can be used in so many delicious ways.
You can also try:
- Baked Oatmeal Casserole – warm oatmeal baked with blueberries, maple syrup and almonds.
- Kefir Oatmeal Pancakes – hearty and delicious.
- Homemade Muesli – so much better than store bought.
- Oatmeal Muffins – made with apples and figs.
- Artisan Granola Recipe – made just the way you like.
- Homemade Granola Bars – with no preseratives.
- Trail Mix Bites – perfect for snacking or taking on a hike.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this oatmeal with bananas and blueberries can be found at the bottom of this post.
B & B Sunrise The Best Overnight Oats
I like to call this recipe B & B Sunrise since it is ready and waiting. An easy way for a healthy start to your day.
Uncooked oats, milk, and yogurt are combined with chia seeds and left to infuse overnight. Continue reading for great substitutions.
- Rolled Oats
- Chia Seeds
- Agave Nectar
- Hemp Hearts
How To Make Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
This banana berry oatmeal is so easy, even the kids can help with this easy breakfast recipe
- Measure all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove, give it a stir, dish, garnish (optional), eat!
Simple ingredients are mixed up in a bowl and set in the fridge overnight waiting for the morning.
Rolled Oats – the best type for overnight oats is large or old-fashioned oats. Steel-cut oats can also be used. The texture will be chewy. Gluten-free oats work in this recipe.
Milk and Yogurt – both regular and dairy-free options are perfect in this recipe. Flavoured or plain. I like Greek yogurt, but regular works just as well.
Agave Nectar – used as a sweetener. Replace it with honey, maple syrup, maple sugar, or coconut sugar.
Jam – I used fig jam, but any jam works.
Blueberries – you can also use strawberries or raspberries. Frozen berries can also be used in place of fresh berries.
Chia Seeds and Hemp Hearts – chia seeds are used in the recipe, and hemp hearts are for garnish. You could also use pumpkin seeds.
Storing – always store in the refrigerator covered or in an airtight container. This recipe will last for about 5 days.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Need a healthy no-cook dessert idea? Banana Chocolate Pudding is easy and delicious.
Check out all my Breakfast and Brunch Recipes.
Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats (B&B Sunrise)
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 ¼ cups milk (your choice diary or non dairy)
- ½ cup greek yogurt (flavoured or plain)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- Fig jam (for topping)
- Hemp Hearts (for topping)
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the toppings) in a bowl.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Scoop into bowls and top with jam and hemp hearts.