Will’s Extra Special Marinade combines port, espresso, cocoa powder, smoked paprika and more. Makes steaks so tender. Great for beef, bison, and lamb too.
No need for store-bought marinades. It’s really simple to make and is great for those long overnight soaks….like for roasts!! The results are amazing.
We love to bbq….or I should say my hubby loves to bbq. I am more than happy to let him work his magic whether he is using the gas grill…or the charcoal Keg, whatever he makes is always mouthwatering to me.
Using different rubs, sauces and marinades create wonderful flavours that can really change the final dish.
Experimenting with different spices, wines, vinegars…all used to create flavour combinations that will win your guests over every time.
It’s always an adventure in the kitchen to see what creation we will make for the day.
One ingredient we like to use in marinades is port. It really does a great job on beef and lamb. The meat is juicy, tender and flavourful.
However, if you prefer using wine, Rockin’ Meat Marinade is perfect.
So first choose your choice of meat….today we cooked steak. Remember the cut of meat can make a huge difference in the end result.
How To Make A Meat Marinade
The ingredients are easy to get, and the marinade is simple to mix up. I like using freezer bags to put the meat and marinade into. It makes it really easy to turn the meat over every few hours to get all sides nicely soaked.
You will need:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Worchestershire sauce
- dry mustard
- espresso powder
- cocoa powder
- soy sauce
- black pepper
- Once the marinade is made, just pour it over the meat and let it do its magic. Remember to use a good quality port.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight!!
- Be sure to keep the meat in the fridge while marinating.
- When making the marinade just adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to the amount of meat you will be marinading. This recipe makes about 1 cup.
- NEVER reuse a marinade.
- Grill up your meat and enjoy the results.
More Ideas for Backyard Grilling
- Looking for a great side dish? How about some Simple Grilled Veggies.
- Have you tried Grilled Garlic Scapes?
- BBQ Seasonings Recipe Roundup has all your grilling needs covered.
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberries are great for dessert.
- Cold Smoked Brie will be a hit at your next bbq party.
Will's Extra Special Marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup port use a good quality
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoons espresso powder
- ½ teaspoons bittersweet smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a measuring cup. Pour over meat.
- Let meat marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight in the fridge.
- To not reuse marinade.
I believe marinades make a meat from Ho-Hum to Wowza! Love that combination of cocoa powder and espresso. See there is where the wowza is coming in. His spices are right on and I bet that meat tastes so good you don’t want to eat anything else. I’m saving the recipe for Hubby to try when next we grill.
Homemade & Yummy
Oh yes…this is hands down our favourite marinade for red meat!
Pina at One Two Culinary Stew
My husband loves to BBQ too. He uses Port but has also been known to use scotch!
HAHA….yes there are many options to use that is for sure!!
Sounds delicious, I think my family will love this! Thanks!
I know we really like it…hope it works well for you.
Old Fat Guy
I h ave saved this to give it a try! I love a good marinated steak.
Well I think you will like it….let me know!!