Baked Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal is like having dessert for breakfast.
Cocoa and strawberries blend perfectly to create this simple baked oatmeal recipe. If you are a fan of chocolate overnight oats, you need to give this a try too.
Healthy baked oats are easy to make with simple ingredients and minimal cleanup. Low calorie and not too sweet. Nutritious and filling, make this on the weekend for easy breakfasts all week long.
We also love Overnight Pumpkin Oats, especially in the fall.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this chocolate and berry oatmeal can be found at the bottom of this post.
Of course, who can resist chocolate oatmeal macaroons? The beloved drop cookie is a hit all year long.
Ingredients for Chocolate And Strawberry Oat Bake
This really is a good recipe for someone who does not like oatmeal. What’s not to love about eating a warm bowl of chocolatey goodness to start your day? Continue reading for recipe tips and alternative suggestions.
- Large flake rolled oats
- Fresh strawberries
- Coconut sugar
Baked Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal Is Easy To Make
Super simple. Mix, pour bake. Full instructions can be found in the recipe card.
- Combine the milk, vanilla and oatmeal.
- Add the cocoa and coconut sugar.
- Toss in the strawberries.
- Pour into a baking dish.
In about 30 minutes, this delicious chocolate oatmeal is ready to eat. Scoop into bowls, top with additional berries, and dig in. I promise you will gain some new oatmeal lovers. Who doesn’t want to eat chocolate for breakfast?
Oatmeal – Use large flakes or old-fashioned oats. Regular oats will also work. Instant oats will not work in this recipe.
Milk – Dairy or non-dairy are both great choices.
Coconut Sugar – A great alternative to sugar, you can adjust the amount to make this recipe sweeter if you prefer. You can also use maple syrup, maple sugar, honey, and white or brown sugar. You can also add some syrup or sugar to your bowl.
Cocoa – Creates a rich chocolate taste that is perfect for low-calorie, low-fat recipes. You can replace it with chocolate chips, but you will have to increase the amount. Want it double chocolate? Use both cocoa and chocolate chips.
Berries – Strawberries can be replaced with raspberries or blueberries.
Reheating – This is the perfect breakfast recipe to make on the weekend. To reheat for easy weekday mornings, scoop into serving bowls and pop into the microwave. You can also add some additional milk and berries once it is warmed up.
Storing – Leftovers should be covered or placed in a sealed container and always refrigerated.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
More Ways To Enjoy Fresh Strawberries In Recipes:
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberries – great for dessert at your next bbq party.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles – just like eating cheesecake frozen on a stick.
- Sweet Strawberry Bruschetta – a great addition to brunch on the weekend.
- Baked-in tarts – are always a delicious way to enjoy summer berries.
- Made into salsa – perfect for dips, and makes a great topping for chicken and fish.
- Added to a chicken salad – patio perfect with a nice glass of white wine.
Chocolate Strawberry Baked Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries diced/sliced
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- sliced berries optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. An 8×8 inch dish or a bit larger is perfect.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, milk and vanilla.2 cups rolled oats, 2 cups milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla
- To this add the cocoa, coconut sugar, mix well.¼ cup cocoa powder, ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- Toss in the sliced/diced berries and stir to combine.10 ounces fresh strawberries
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. The center should be set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
- Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with addtional berries.sliced berries