These Flavoured Devilled Eggs with Bacon and Tomato are sure to get the party started. The first appetizer to fly off the plate every time.
This classic devilled egg recipe with bacon and tomato is simple yet satisfying. Creamy and rich. Always a joy to eat.
If you love avocado toast, have you tried avocado devilled eggs for breakfast.
I always have hard-boiled eggs on hand. Perfect for so many delicious recipes. Have you ever tried pickled eggs? A hit in pubs and bars all over the world.
How about a simple egg salad wrap for lunch or dinner? The classic egg salad recipe is spiced up and rolled up.
Is it deviled or devilled? Which way do you spell it? American or British. After some research, I have decided to spell it “devilled” (British version). Language is a funny thing, with so many variations of the same word.
Simply adding bacon to anything makes it taste better. The sun-dried tomato garnish adds a subtle depth of flavour. The classic bacon and tomato pairing takes the basic stuffed egg to a new taste experience.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for making this simple devilled egg recipe are at the bottom of the post.
What’s In Devilled Eggs?
Really simple ingredients. You will need:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- bacon bits (store-bought or homemade)
- sea salt
- dry mustard
- sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
The Best Way To Hard Boil Eggs And Peel Them
This seems to be an issue for people. I don’t know about you, but I use the cold water method. There are so many ways to make the perfect boiled egg.
I have tried several myself to find out which works best for me. I rarely have any crack during the cooking process this way. One thing I have to do is set a timer or I forget to get them out of the water on time. When this happens (and it still does now and again) I end up with that not-so-nice dark ring around the yolk.
Do you have the perfect way to peel an egg? This is the part I struggle with ALL the time. I really don’t like it when the whites are full of craters.
Preparing Bacon Devilled Eggs
- Boil the eggs and place in the fridge to cool
- Peel, cut in half, and scoop out the yolks
- Mash the yolks and add the mayo, seasonings, and bacon bits
- Garnish with the sun-dried tomatoes
Tips For Making The Best Party Devilled Eggs
For this recipe, I used store-bought bacon bits (feel free to make your own), but these did work well. Candied bacon would be a great choice too.
How far in advance can you make deviled eggs? I hard-boiled them a couple of days before. The night before the party I actually made the filling and kept it in a separate bowl. You can either mix the filling by hand or use a food processor if you really want a silky smooth consistency.
I placed the cooked and cut whites in a sealed container. On the morning of the party, I just had to fill and garnish. This way you don’t have to struggle to peel them when you are rushed for time.
The filling can be done in several ways. The easiest way is with a pastry bag and large star tip, but you can do it the old-fashioned way (like I did here) with a small spoon or fork.
There are many ways to flavour devilled eggs. This recipe uses bacon and sun-dried tomato. Feel free to experiment. Great suggestions are:
- dill pickles
- chili powder or sriracha (if you like things spicy)
- balsamic vinegar
For your next party, give these a try. Your guests will LOVE you, trust me!!
Need more party food ideas? I got you covered. Give these a try:
- Green Lentil Cream Cheese Balls
- Vegan Mushroom Pate
- Smoked Salmon Potato Appetizers
- Cocktail Party Meatballs
- Guacamole Appetizer Bites
- Mushroom Bites
- Easy Crostini Appetizers
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Bacon Flavoured Devilled Eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 ounce bacon bits (store bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (in oil) (chopped, for garnish)
- Hard boil the eggs and place in the fridge to cool.
- Peel eggs, cut in half (lengthwise) and scoop the yolks into a bowl.
- Mash the yolks and add the mayo, dry mustard, bacon bits and salt and mix well.
- Scoop the filling back into the eggs.
- Garnish with the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.