Roasted Cauliflower Soup is so amazingly easy, you really need to try it to believe it. Cream of cauliflower soup recipe without cream. Rich, luscious and silky smooth texture.
Roasting cauliflower creates the wonderful nutty taste. Smoked paprika is the perfect seasoning.
Once you see how easy and delicious this is, Orange Cauliflower Soup will be next on your list.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup was my first attempt at making soup in the blender. Let me tell you, I was hooked! Who would have thought that it would be so easy?
The RECIPE CARD is at the bottom of this post with everything you need to know about making this simple cauliflower soup.
Honestly, it really feels like no work, yet the end result tastes like you have been cooking all day.
I still remember mom’s delicious creations. Pea soup using the leftover holiday ham is still one of my favourites. Chicken noodle, borscht, and Ukrainian sauerkraut were staples all winter long. Comfort food that is simple and so satisfying.
Although these are not difficult to make they do require time and patience. Seems these days time is a luxury most people don’t have.
There is a simple cheat that will make it seem like you simmered soup all day in a pot, but really you had it ready in no time flat. Using your blender!
Ingredients For This Healthy Cauliflower Soup
With a few simple ingredients dinner will be ready in no time.
- Fresh cauliflower
- Smoked Paprika
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- Greek yogurt
- Grated cheese for garnish
Making Blender Soup With Roasted Cauliflower
Roasting vegetables is such a great way to bring out some wonderful flavours. Our favourite way of preparing veggies all year long.
- Wash, cut and roast the cauliflower. Bonus you can even do this ahead of time.
- Place all ingredients (except cheese) into your blender.
- Puree. That’s it. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
My (affiliate) Vitamix blender has a soup setting. It is such a cool feature. When the cycle ends, the soup is HOT and ready to serve.
If you don’t have this feature, no problem. Just blitz all the ingredients until smooth. You have to do it in batches depending on the size of your appliance. Pour into a pot, heat and serve.
No blender? No problem. Place the roasted cauliflower and all the ingredients (except the cheese) into a pot. Use an immersion blender to puree. Heat and serve.
- I used bacon flavoured olive oil to roast the cauliflower. Any oil will work.
- Different cheese for garnish is a nice way to change the flavour. Smoked cheddar, crumbled blue or feta are great choices.
- You can even top this soup with roasted chickpeas, fresh berbs or nuts.
- Instead of smoked paprika try nutmeg.
- Switch up the colour of cauliflower, they are all absolutely delicious.
- Homeade broth works. Store bought is an easy alternative.
- Great sides would be: Cheddar Onion Muffins, Irish Soda Bread or Cheesy Cornbread.
Types Of Cauliflower
You might be surprised to know that cauliflower has many colours. If you are lucky enough to find a market, be sure to give some of these a try. A fun twist from the common white cauliflower.
- Romanesco also called Broccoflower. It is lime-green in colour, and has a spikey appearance, crunchy texture and nutty taste.
- Green is sweeter than the common white version and similar to the texture of broccoli.
- Purple is super healthy. The vibrant hue comes natually from an antioxidant called anthocyanin.
- Orange contains beta-carotene in the florets. There is also a Cheddar Cheese variety, but does not taste like cheese at all. It is milder than the white variety.
Yes for sure. Place in a freezer bag, container or vacuum-sealed pouch. It will last in the freezer for several months.
Stored in an air-tight container, it will last 3-5 days.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
More Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipes To Try
Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Blender Soup)
- 24 ounces fresh cauliflower (1 large head)
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used bacon flavoured)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets and place in baking dish. Coat with olive oil and paprika. Roast for about 30 mnuntes until tender.24 ounces fresh cauliflower, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Once cooked, let cool slightly.
- Add all the ingredients (except) the cheese into a blender.4 cups chicken broth, ½ cup greek yogurt
- Press the "soup" setting.
- Once done, pour into a bowl and garnish with cheese.½ cup grated cheese for garnish