Pastel colours, white fluffy clouds and the warm yellow sun all combine to make Spring Delight the perfect Easter dessert.
This dessert just screams spring. The colours are beautiful and it’s a no fuss, no bake easy dessert that feeds a crowd! Perfect for holiday get togethers like Easter, Mother’s Day, or even a baby or wedding shower. This dessert makes a delicious addition to any party table.
This dessert goes way back to my childhood. I had an aunt who would always make this for family get togethers. I fell in love with it as a kid and still love it to this day.
You know sometimes it is just nice to be able to whip up a dessert quickly and I know some people who look for recipes that require NO baking. Spring Delight is just that recipe. Angel food cake, Jello, marshmallows, whip cream, nuts, maraschino cherries and pineapple combine easily to create a wonderful light dessert .
Yes I am a foodie, but even us foodies love easy tasty recipes. The beautiful pastel colours of the marshmallows remind me of flowers starting to bloom. The lemon Jello is the yellow sun and the the angel food cake is the light fluffy white clouds. Spring Dessert is the season on a plate, light, fresh and so pretty.
Who doesn’t have time to whip this together. Start off setting the Jello, and when it is ready add the whip cream, marshmallows, pineapple, nuts and cherries. Break up the angle food cake into a dish, layer on the Jello mixture and garnish with nuts. Simplicity at it’s best!!
This would also be great for backyard BBQ’s or weekend brunches.
Looking for something different for your Easter celebration this year? Give yourself a break in the kitchen, and make your guests smile with Spring Delight, a beautiful and light dessert to end the meal.
Follow me!! Like my Facebook page!!
- 1 Angle food cake (store bought)
- 2 packages of lemon Jello (4 serving size)
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 5 cups of mini coloured marshmallows
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries (chopped)
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped) + ¼ cup for garnish
- ½ cup canned pineapple (crushed)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice
- Drain the canned pineapple and reserve the juice
- Combine the 2 packages of Jello with 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice
- Place in fridge to set
- Chop cherries and nuts
- Whip cream
- Remove set Jello and beat with a hand mixer
- To the Jello add the whipped cream, nuts, cherries and pineapple
- Mix well
- Add the marshmallows and stir to combine
- Into a 9 x 13 dish break up the angel food cake into small chunks
- Layer the Jello/marshmallow mixture over cake
- Garnish with chopped nuts
- Place in fridge till ready to use