Coloured cauliflowers are so pretty. Roasted Orange Cauliflower Blender Soup is so EASY!
Combine roasted cauliflower with a few simple ingredients. Blitz and enjoy it! Homemade soup is NOT difficult.
Have you made blender soups before? Honestly, your family will think you have spent the day in the kitchen. What a great way to produce delicious soups in a matter of minutes.
Comfort food season is here. One of the most delicious of all. Warm bowls of chili, soup, curry, and stew to wrap my hands around. In fact, I have HUGE mugs that we love to use this time of year.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for this creamy curried cauliflower soup can be found at the bottom of this post.
For me, the best way to cook cauliflower is roasting. It adds to much depth and works great in so many recipes.
Easy Roasted Cauliflower Soup is one of our family favourites. With orange cauliflower available at the markets, I thought a new quick and easy soup was a great idea.
We also love Easy Roasted Pumpkin Soup too. Can you see a colour theme here?
For This Blender Soup You Will Need:
- roasted orange cauliflower (one large head)
- coconut milk
- chicken broth
- curry powder
- (affiliate)curry flavoured olive oil (or regular olive oil)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you know the story behind it? Saveur calls it an “alien vegetable”. Apparently, it was discovered in Canada in 1970. Woohoo! We are famous for poutine, so being famous for cheddar cauliflower (another name for it) is a feather in our cap.
It is a mixture of heirloom varieties. The colour comes from the extra beta-carotene in the florets.
It has a mild sweet taste, and has the same texture as the white variety.
Preparing Roasted Cauliflower Soup
With a few simple ingredients, this easy to make blender soup is ready to eat before you know it.
- Cut up the cauliflower (saving a few pieces for garnish) and coat with curry oil, season with curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven until tender. (Remember, like I mentioned before this can be done AHEAD of time).
- Place the baked cauliflower in the blender. Pulse to break up slightly, then add ALL the other ingredients. Easy right?
- Blitz until smooth. If you have a soup setting choose that. If not, once the soup is to your desired “smoothness” level, pour into a pot and heat.
- That’s it! Soup is ready. Fill the bowls and dig in! Homemade soup does not have to be complicated or time-consuming to taste delicious.
BONUS TIP! The best part of this soup is that you can actually roast the cauliflower in the oven ahead of time (like on the weekend). Everything goes into the blender when you are ready to make the soup. FASTER than pizza delivery.
You can adjust the amount of curry powder you use in the recipe. Some like it HOT and some like it MILD.
In fact, you can even make this soup ahead of time and heat it when you are ready to eat. You choose what works best for you.
You can even make it a vegan soup by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Alternative Ways to Blend Soup
You will need a good blender. Here is where I thank my husband for getting me a (affiliate) Vitamix. With the “soup setting”. I just place all the ingredients in the blender, and in minutes the soup is hot and ready to eat. SO EASY!
Any good quality blender will blitz these ingredients into a creamy soup. If you don’t have a soup setting, don’t fret. Just blitz your ingredients and warm the soup in a pot. It will still taste YUMMY, with only one extra step.
Do you have an (affiliate) immersion blender? Another super handy kitchen gadget. I use is ALL the time to make silky smooth mashed potatoes.
Place all your ingredients in a pot. Blend and heat. This is ALMOST a one-pot meal!
Of course, you can still make a delicious soup by using a (affiliate) potato masher. Place the roasted cauliflower in a large pot. Add all the other ingredients. Heat through and mash. You won’t have a creamy texture, but you WILL have a healthy cauliflower soup.
We enjoy all kinds of cauliflower recipes. They are healthy and delicious. There are many great ways to enjoy it. From appetizers to main courses, and as a nutritious snack with dips.
Don’t let the harvest season go by without tasting the flavours of fall. We happen to this this is one of the best cauliflower soup recipes.
You might even consider other blender soups like:
Click the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the top menu. You will receive a FREE PRINTABLE, recipe suggestions and get on my NEWSLETTER LIST so you will never miss a new post again! FOLLOW ME on social media too!
Curry Cauliflower Blender Soup
- 3 pounds orange cauliflower (1 large head)
- 1 tbsp curry flavoured olive oil (or regular olive oil)
- 1 tsp curry powder (mild or hot)
- 14 ounces coconut milk (1 can…reserve some for garnish)
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into pieces (saving a few small florets for garnish). Place in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix to combine, and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes or so until tender.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. **NOTE** This part can be done ahead of time. Keep the roasted cauliflower in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place the slightly cooled cauliflower in the blender, and blitz slightly to break up.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender. If you have a soup setting, choose this. If not, blitz until you reach your desired level of smoothness.
- Soup is ready to eat at the end of the soup cycle. Alternatively, place your soup in a pot and heat.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with cauliflower and some saved coconut milk.