White Chocolate Popcorn Balls are the perfect addition to any holiday treat tray. White chocolate and marshmallows make a delicious coating. Holiday sprinkles add a festive touch.
This Christmas popcorn ball recipe is an easy no-bake, gluten-free treat that makes an awesome food gift. You will want to make some Bourbon Fudge too.
Have you started your holiday baking yet? I have made my list and am starting to gather all my ingredients.
It is getting into the busiest time of year. Holiday parties, shopping, decorating, wrapping and making all the delicious festive foods. These popcorn balls for Christmas are super cute. Just like mini snowballs.
RECIPE and INSTRUCTIONS for these homemade popcorn balls are at the bottom of the post.
What Is In Popcorn Balls?
These are super easy to make. I don’t know anyone that would turn down a handmade treat. I love they are made without corn syrup.
- plain popcorn
- mini marshmallows
- white chocolate
- holiday sprinkles
How to Make White Chocolate Popcorn Balls
These are fun to make and more fun to eat. You can even create your own holiday sprinkle blend.
- Place your popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a pot.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn, and mix well.
- Shape into balls.
- Dip in melted chocolate and then in sprinkles.
- Be sure to use a silicone mat to place your coated popcorn balls on. They will stick to wax paper. Alternatively, you can use parchment paper if you prefer.
- Spay your hands with cooking spray before forming the balls. This will prevent them from sticking to your hands.
- Use good-quality white chocolate for this recipe. It will make a world of difference.
- Air-popped popcorn is the BEST for this recipe. Making fresh popcorn is best, but if you are in a pinch, you can use ready-made popcorn (not flavoured).
- Melting white chocolate can be a bit tricky. It can seize and turn grainy. The BEST way is to place it in a bowl over hot water. If you choose the microwave method, be sure to use LOW POWER and mix it every 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Store popcorn balls in an airtight container and keep at room temperature. They should last about a week.
Everyone has their favourite holiday foods. Cookies, treats, drinks, and so many totally delicious things to indulge in during the season. What are some of yours?
Here are some of our family favourites:
We can’t go without eggnog. Rum & Eggnog Latte happens to be our favourite festive latte drink.
Chewy Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies are at the top of my holiday cookie list.
I love white chocolate and these Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with White Chocolate & Pistachios are super delicious.
Quick & Easy Festive Holiday Croissants would not be the same without that white chocolate drizzle.
We love Christmas Granola, and so do our neighbours.
Need some great food gift ideas? Check out these Edible Christmas Gifts.
Be sure to CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON located in the TOP MENU. You will get a FREE PRINTABLE and recipes! FOLLOW ME on social media too.
Christmas Popcorn Balls
- 8 cups plain popcorn
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces good quality white chocolate
- Assorted holiday sprinkles (to decorate)
- Lay out a silicone mat on the counter.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a pot melt the butter and marshmallows.
- Pour over popcorn, and mix well.
- Spray hands with cooking spray.
- Squeeze popcorn into 1 ½″ balls and place on silicone mat.
- Place your sprinkles in bowls.
- Melt the white chocolate (either on the stove or microwave).
- Dip each popcorn ball into the melted chocolate enough to cover the top half of the ball.
- Immediately dip the popcorn ball into the sprinkles.
- Place on silicone mat to harden.