Spicy Chai Cupcakes with Sweet Cinnamon Buttercream will tickle your taste buds. Spicy, sweet, with a hint of white chocolate. The perfect way to end a meal, or to enjoy with an afternoon latte.
Fall inspired flavours have got to be the most delicious of all. Sweet, savoury, warm, earthy, spicy, the list goes on and on. Apples, pumpkins, pomegranates, so much to choose from. Where do you even start to enjoy the flavours of the season? Cinnamon coffee cake for breakfast sounds like a plan to me!
Let’s start with Fall Cupcakes!
Maple, pumpkin, apple, almond, cinnamon and spice. Do you have a favourite fall flavour? This collection of cupcakes is sure to get your taste buds craving these delicious treats.
Apple crisp, pumpkin pie, candied nuts, and gingerbread. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice and brown sugar.
Savoury and sweet combined together.
Chai is such a great flavour. Spicy, sweet, warm, comforting, all the things that fall represents. You know the perfect fall day. Sunny, with a bit of crispness in the air. You have your favourite sweater bundled up around you.
Although you can have chai all year long (and I do), fall seems to be the perfect time for these Spicy Chai Cupcakes with Sweet Cinnamon Buttercream.
Something about fall makes it my favourite season of all. While writing this post today, the weather is beautiful. Wonderfully warm and sunny. Walking to get the mail without a coat this time of year is usually unheard of.
Cinnamon, spice, white chocolate and cupcakes.
Combining all the wonderful flavours into a dessert is so addictively delicious. Of course having a cupcake with a great latte is a wonderful way to enjoy the beautiful afternoon sun. Taking in this incredible weather for as long as we can.
Cupcakes are great. Your own individual little piece of heaven that you don’t have to share with anyone. A tasty, mouthwatering treat all to yourself. How do you eat your cupcake? Icing first?
By now you have probably printed out some of the great recipes in this collaboration. How could you not, let’s face it they all sound awesome. Soon your kitchen will be filled with the wonderful aromas of these fall inspired cupcakes.
Enjoy these wonderful treats. We totally enjoyed creating them for you!
Loving the cinnamon flavour in the Spicy Chai Cupcakes with Sweet Cinnamon Buttercream, give Simply Cinnamon Coffee Cake a try. Our family favourite.
Looking for a fun cupcake idea for a child’s birthday party? These Sesame Street Cupcakes were a hit with my grandson!
Green Tea Cupcakes are a great way to celebrate Spring.
Be sure to subscribe to my WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and get your FREE printable.
Spicy Chai Cupcakes with Sweet Cinnamon Buttercream
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature and whites/yolks separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ounces of white chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup greek vanilla flavoured yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chai flavoured baking spice
For the Buttercream:
- 4 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp cream
- Decorating sugar (optional)
To make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350º F and and line muffin tin with liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together onto a piece of parchment paper.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, and chai spice and mix well.
- To this butter mixture add the yogurt and flour alternately (1/3 of the flour, 1/2 of the yogurt, 1/2 of the remaining flour, the rest of the yogurt, followed by the rest of the flour).
- In a bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups just over 1/2 way (this batter rises similar to an angel food cake).
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then remove from muffin tin and place on cooling rack.
To make the Buttercream:
- In a bowl cream the butter and salt until smooth and light.
- Add the icing sugar a cup at a time until well blended.
- Add the cream a tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired buttercream consistency.
- Add the cinnamon and combine well into the buttercream.
- Place buttercream into a piping bag, using a decorating tip of your choice.
- Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with decorating sugar (if desired).