Asparagus Soup Recipe With Wine & Cheese is so easy to make. Elegant enough to serve to dinner guests. Entertaining should be easy and delicious. This asparagus soup recipe combines wine and cheese for the perfect start to a great meal. Do you like cooking with wine?
This is a sponsored post for Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Wines. I have been monetarily compensated, all opinions are my own. PLEASE ENJOY WINE RESPONSIBLY.
Well, I think SPRING has finally decided to make an appearance. I know according to the calendar, this happened weeks ago. According to the temperature, it only happened this past weekend. Not sure about where you are, but just over a week ago we were covered in ice.
This easy to make asparagus soup recipe combines fresh asparagus, leeks, white wine and parmesan cheese. Beautiful green in colour, light, and refreshing in taste. The perfect way to celebrate SPRING!
Do you enjoy wine? We are total “wine lovers” here. Our idea of a perfect afternoon is enjoying a glass of wine (or two) with a nice assortment of crackers and cheese. With the warmer weather on the way, sitting out in the backyard is even better. How about a Wine Spritzer Bar for easy entertaining? Your guests will LOVE it!!
Have you tried Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Wines? This California based winery has a GREAT selection to choose from. Bright fruit flavours and smooth finishes make them the perfect compliment to enjoy from appetizers to dessert.
Cooking with wine adds another element of flavour to recipes. I recommend NEVER cooking with a wine you would not drink. You all know the famous Julia Child’s saying: “I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food”. I have this hanging on my kitchen wall!
Cooking with wine produces GREAT dishes, and recipes like classic sabayon will WOW your dinner guests every time!
Since wine and cheese pair so well together, combining them into a delicious soup recipe is a great idea, especially when it is super easy to make. Asparagus is a true sign of spring. The refreshing acidity from the wine, along with the fruity, nutty taste of the Parmesan will get your taste buds dancing. Having a glass of wine while enjoying this soup ties it all together.
Asparagus Soup Recipe With Wine Pairing
When it comes to cooking with wine, the pairings are endless. For this soup recipe, I selected a Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Wines Sauvignon Blanc. The flavour is crisp and bright with a hint of citrus. A great wine choice for this fun and delicious spring soup.
For more tasty food and wine ideas, be sure to visit Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Wines for tips and a wine pairing app to help you with your serving selections.
Let’s talk about how easy this asparagus soup recipe comes together. With a few simple ingredients, your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
You will need:
- chicken stock
- lemon pepper
- smoked sea salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Sauvignon Blanc
- lemon flavoured olive oil (for garnish)
- Parmesan crisps (for garnish)
As you read the recipe, you will see this soup easily comes together. You can make it ahead of time if you wish, and warm it just before serving. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can purée using your counter top blender. Be sure to do it in batches so you get a nice, smooth consistency.
Asparagus Soup Recipe With Wine & Cheese is thick and smooth with a nice wine and cheese flavour. Topped with some sautéed asparagus tips, lemon oil, and a few Parmesan crisps, this elegant soup is the perfect start to your dinner party. We enjoyed it alongside a salad for dinner too.
Next time you are looking for a new wine to try, look for Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Wines. Check out their collection in the California section of your local liquor store.
Asparagus Soup Recipe With Wine & Cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 6 ounces leeks (thinly sliced, greens removed)
- 2 pounds asparagus (roughly chopped) (some tips reserved)
- 1 cup white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used organic)
- ½ teaspoons smoked sea salt
- 1 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 ½ ounces Parmesan cheese (grated)
- lemon flavoured olive oil (optional, garnish)
- Parmesan crisps (optional, garnish)
- Wash and thinly slice the leeks (white part only) and set aside.Wash and cut asparagus, saving some of the tips to cook and use as garnish.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high.Add the leeks, lemon pepper and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, and cook to allow the alcohol to evaporate (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chopped asparagus, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until asparagus is fork tender. (about 15-20 minutes).
For the Asparagus Tips:
- While the soup is cooking, sauté the asparagus tips in a pan with the additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside till ready to use.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, remove the soup from heat.Purée until smooth (using your preferred method).
- Add the Parmesan cheese, and mix to combine.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls.
- Garnish with the asparagus tips, several drops of lemon flavoured olive oil and a few Parmesan crisps.