Oh My Reese’s Cupcakes…simple vanilla cupcakes with spoonfuls of Reese Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread inside and topped with more chocolate and a delicate buttercream frosting. Every chocolate peanut butter lover’s dream….you will certainly want more than one!!
This post has been sponsored by Hershey Canada both monetarily and with product. All opinions and recipe creation are mine.
Seriously have you tried this stuff? OMG if not you NEED TO!! It’s like the most incredible chocolate peanut butter taste explosion ever created. I don’t know who was more excited about this wonderful opportunity from Hershey Canada...me or my kids!!
I will tell you that my kids are 35 & 32….so really ALL adults in this family were thrilled. I didn’t even know this stuff existed. When it arrived in the mail and I mentioned it to my daughter she said “OMG is it in the store yet? I contacted the company to see when it is coming to Canada”. Hubby (my official taste tester) was just smiling because he knew what was in store very very soon.
After some contemplating on what wonderful creation was to be made, my decision of Oh My Reese’s Cupcakes was taken to the test kitchen. Since the first words out of my mouth were OMG when I tasted this awesome spread, I wanted to make sure that it was the star of the show.
Simple vanilla cupcakes filled with this awesome chocolate peanut butter creation then topped with more awesomeness…with a delicate buttercream to finish it off. Total bliss!! It really is hard to eat just one.
Every year we have an annual Labour Day BBQ….and this year Oh My Reese’s Cupcakes made their official debut…and were the hit of the day. Really….give them a try….you will LOVE them!!
For another wonderful chocolate peanut butter delight…check out my:
Oh My REESE'S Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Delicate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 5 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- milk or cream (for thinning)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jar of Reese Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and line muffin tin with liners.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs yolks (one at a time) into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Add the yogurt (in 2 parts) and flour mixture (in 3 parts) to the butter/sugar mixture. Be sure to begin and end with flour.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for a couple of minutes and take cupcakes out of the muffin tin and place on a cooling rack.
With the cooled cupcakes:
- Scoop out the middle of each cupcake. Keep the piece to reuse. I just used a knife an carved out a piece from the middle of each one.
- Spoon in some of the peanut butter chocolate spread into each of the cupcakes.
- Replace the piece of cupcake on top of the chocolate spread.
For the Frosting:
- Using a mixer (hand held or stand) in a bowl, cream the butter and icing sugar.
- Add in the salt and blend well.
- Thin the mixture with a bit of milk or cream until you reach your desired frosting consistency. Place frosting in a piping bag with your choice of decorating tip.
- Place a dollop of the peanut butter chocolate spread on the top of each cupcake.
- Pipe frosting around the chocolate spread.