Healthy Granola Cherry Almond Mocha is so easy to make. Delicious artisan granola made at home with simple ingredients. Save money, don’t buy granola, make your own.
Do you love granola? We sure do. What I don’t like about the majority of store bought granola is the added sugars they sometimes contain. The gourmet/artisan varieties do a much better job of not adding additional unhealthy ingredients, however they are expensive. With this recipe you can easily make your own.
Granola is such a staple in my kitchen. There are so many ways to enjoy it, such as eating it as a cereal, adding it to yogurt, putting it in smoothies or using it to make healthy treats and snacks.
I am a HUGE Jamie Oliver fan, and have several of his cookbooks. When I got my copy of Everyday Superfood (affiliate link) I was so intrigued by his Awesome Granola Dust recipe, I had to experiment and make my own version. This Healthy Granola Cherry Almond Mocha was my inspiration from Jamie’s original recipe.
This granola is loaded with so many superfoods and NO added sugars. It has very quickly become our family favourite. I make a big batch and have it for weeks.
Oats, dried cherries, cacao, coffee, almonds, hemp heart, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds all combine to make this awesome artisan granola, that is so delicious and full of nutrition. Easily make it gluten free by using gluten free oats.
You can make your own version by simply putting in the ingredients you want. Change the oats to barley flakes, use other nuts and seeds. Take out the coffee and cacao, or add more if you want a stronger flavour. It’s so much fun to experiment with.
You start by baking your oats, nuts and seeds. Once baked let cool slightly.
Get your cherries, cacao, and coffee measured out. Grab an orange. Place the the cooled oat mixture into your food processor (you may have to do this in batches). Add the other ingredients, and with a zester, grate in the orange zest. Blitz until the texture resembles a grainy granola. Keep in an airtight container.
That’s it, simple right? Gourmet granola at a fraction of the cost you would pay at the store. Get creative and come up with your own tasty version.
Now you have it to use for all your favourite granola dishes. From breakfast to snacks, eating healthy is so easy and delicious with this Healthy Granola Cherry Almond Mocha.
Follow Me!! Like my Facebook page!
- 5 cups old fashioned oatmeal (if you want it to be gluten free, use gluten free oats)
- 3½ ounces of your choice of seeds (I used a combination of hemp, chia and pumpkin)
- 6 ounces of whole almonds
- 6 ounces of dried cherries
- 1 tbsp. of freshly ground coffee
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- Orange zest (from 1 orange)
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- On a large baking sheet add the oats, seeds and nuts
- Bake for 15 minutes (stir after about 7 minutes)
- Cool slightly
- Get your remaining ingredients measured out into a bowl
- Using your food processor (in batches) add the ingredients, and the zest of the orange
- Blitz until it resembles a grainy granola texture
- Store in an airtight container