Guacamole Appetizer Bites are the perfect party food!! Guacamole, salsa and cheese in a wonton cup. Quick, easy and so delicious!!
When it comes to entertaining, appetizers are always a hit. I love when I can whip up a batch in no time, and also run into the kitchen and quickly refill throughout the party.
I think out of all the party foods, I love making appetizers the most. There are so many great options, and they always get the party started in the right direction. These little cups are such fun to make and more fun to eat.
Guacamole is so easy to prepare and you can make a huge batch in no time with a few simple ingredients. You can spice it up anyway you like. Lots of garlic, no garlic, add some seasonings (maybe a little bit of heat with chili or jalapeno). It can be used as a dip, a topping, or a stuffing like in these appetizer bites. We love avocados so making guacamole is a staple around here.
These Guacamole Appetizer Bites are always a favourite here. Wonton wrappers are baked until crisp. When cooled you just fill them with guacamole, salsa, top with cheese and party on!!
You can make your own salsa if you prefer, but for this version I just used store bought. Any cheese you like will work. Have all your wrappers pre-baked for easy refills during the party.
These are a breeze to put together and you will see, they won’t last long at your party either. I thought my Fresh Tomato Bruschetta disappeared fast, these little bites are gone in a blink of an eye.
Next time you need a great party food idea give these Guacamole Appetizer Bites a try. Be sure to have one or two as you are making them because they won’t last long!!
Need more appetizer ideas, how about The Green Devil, another great way to use avocado!!
Follow Me!! Like my Facebook page!!
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ lime
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup salsa (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Spray a "mini" muffin tin with cooking spray
- Insert a wonton wrapper into each cup
- Spray wrappers with cooking spray
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden
- Let cool in tin
- Once cooled, remove from tin and set aside till ready to fill
- To make the Guacamole: Cut avocado in ½ and remove pit
- Scoop avocado into a bowl with a spoon
- Mash with fork
- Squeeze in lime juice and mix
- Add garlic and cumin, and mix
- To prepare: Take a wonton cup and fill with guacamole
- Top with salsa
- Top with cheese
- Continue till you have a full platter
- Party on!!