Chewy Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect to give and to receive. Gingerbread, chocolate chips, and toffee all wrapped up in one delicious cookie.
OMG, can you believe Christmas is only 4 days away!! Are you ready? Have you checked your “multiple” lists twice?
This month has been a whirlwind. So much to cram into a few very short weeks. Then throw in a couple of snow storms and a terrible cold that seemed to linger on forever. But none the less the BIG DAY is so close.
How many more sleeps till Santa comes??
If you have kids, or in my case grandkids, this has been the question of the day for a couple of weeks now. Along with “Where is the Elf today”? Kids are so much fun to watch during the holidays. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
Just when you think you have all the baking done, one more recipe seems to come along that you “must try” this year. The inspiration for these Chewy Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies came from the recent delivery of Food Network magazine.
We could eat gingerbread all year long in this house. Festive Holiday Special Tea is something we enjoy during the holidays. Eggnog and ginger tea sure make a delicious drink. Speaking of eggnog, Rum & Eggnog Latte is a great option too.
Do you leave cookies out for Santa?
This has been a tradition since I was a little girl. My girls did it, and now my grandchildren are carrying on with the fun. It is always so special to see them write their little note and leave the cookies out. All I know is the plate and glass of milk are empty Christmas morning.
I just had to make these cookies since they sounded so delicious. YES, they are totally addictive. I had to hide them so they won’t be gone before Christmas. If you can imagine gingerbread, chocolate chips, and toffee bits baked together, you won’t want to miss this recipe.
They are quick to make and will disappear fast!! You can use your own secret gingerbread blend, or store bought. Mix up the dough, roll it into balls, bake and then I would seriously suggest hiding them. Before you do, have a couple yourself. This may be your only chance cause once their out they’re GONE!!
Santa really needs to take some of these Chewy Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies back to Mrs. Claus. She deserves some treats too. Keeping all those elves fed is a big job!!
Believe in the Magic of Christmas
There are so many great Christmas movies to enjoy. My favourite is The Polar Express. My kids love Elf, and my husband, well for some reason Bad Santa has made his list. To each his own!!
With Christmas seeming like minutes away, I wanted to take the time to thank you so very much for visiting my blog over the year. Your wonderful comments are so very much appreciated. I look forward to creating new and exciting recipes for you in 2017!!
From our house to yours: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Need a bit more holiday inspiration? Quick & Easy Festive Holiday Croissants make a great brunch item.
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 1/12 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. gingerbread spice
- 3 tsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/1/4 cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Spray cookie trays with cooking spray **NOTE** These cookies tend to stick because of the toffee bits, so using parchment paper or a silicone mat will help
- In a bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and gingerbread spice
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter till creamy
- Add the brown and white sugar, and beat until fluffy
- Add the eggs, vanilla and molasses, beat until blended
- Add the flour mixture, and blend well
- Using a spoon/spatula, add the chocolate chips and toffee bits
- Mix until combined
- Roll dough into 1½ inch balls
- Place on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake for 11 minutes **NOTE** Cookies will look underdone, they will harden as they cool
- Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack
**These cookies were adapted from Food Networks Gingerbread Chocolate-Toffee Cookies**