Apple Rose Puffs are such fun to make. Using puff pastry to create an easy and elegant dessert perfect for any occasion. Impress your guests with these.
I LOVE using puff pastry..it’s like Play-Doh in the kitchen. These Apple Rose Puffs are so easy and turn out so beautiful you will be amazed (and so will your guests) how something that looks so awesome is so much fun to make!
Tip Hero’s video of Baked Apple Roses took the internet by storm in 2015!! I watched it and was amazed that something that looked so simple turned out so beautiful. We had a dinner party to attend and I thought this was the perfect time to give these a try…so I created my version of Apple Rose Puffs!! They were a hit!!
Apples, puff pastry, a sauce (I used Dulce De Leche) and some dusting powder, that’s about it. Slicing apples, rolling them up in the pastry, baking and adding the finishing touch. Beauty and perfection with little effort!!
Thinly slice the apples (peel on) and place in a bowl with lime juice and water. Microwave until they are soft enough to bend without breaking.
I sliced my puff pastry into 5 slices since I like having a little more to fold over. I used about 1/2 an apple for each rose.
Heat your sauce of choice in the microwave to make it easy to spread.
Spread some sauce on the puff pastry, arrange apple slices on top. Fold and roll. Place in muffin pan and bake.
When they are done you can sprinkle with icing sugar….I used pixie dust (found in baking supply stores) and created a nice “pink” edge. Serve…and ENJOY!!
Next time you want to have some fun in the kitchen give these Apple Rose Puffs a try. You won’t be able to eat just one!!
Follow me!! Like my Facebook page!!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
- 3-4 apples (your choice)
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Dulce De Leche (bought or homemade)
- Icing sugar or Pixie Dust for finishing
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Prepare a muffin tin
- Thinly slice apples (skin on). Depending on the size of the apple I used about ½ apple per rose
- Place apples in bowl with the juice of the lime and enough water to cover
- Microwave on high until apples can bend without breaking
- Take out of the water and pat dry
- Roll the puff pastry into about a 10" x 16" rectangle
- Cut into 5 strips (along the short edge)
- Heat sauce in microwave to ease in spreading
- Spread some sauce on the strip of puff pastry
- Arrange apple slices on the top half of the slice from end to end
- Fold lower half over apples, and roll
- Place in muffin tin
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and done (sauce will bubble into pan)
- Let cool for 5 minutes, loosen and remove to finish cooling
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, or use pixie dust to decorate edges